Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
McDonalds a Health Issue
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishyMitch
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)14:22    Post subject: McDonalds a Health Issue Reply with quote

In the news and well, everywhere it's becoming obvious that fastfood in general is very unhealthy.And with documenteries like super size me exposing fast food corporations.
All of the fast food chains have had to spend millions on creating healthy options for people who would still have the Bigmac over the chicken flatbread and the fries over the salad.

Why should the corporations have to spend their money doing this when their healthy options barely sell.is it because of the protesters? well yes they moan and moan about healy options but when they get what they want they won't eat it because they say it's an evil corporation.

It makes me grind my teeth because of huge people who way half a ton who say the can't lose weight because it's in their family or it's grandular I'ts all down to willpower and if you can starve yourself or go jogging every day or just eat a balanced diet for a month or two can achieve this it's not hard I've done it just to stop becoming huge.

the fast food corporations have had to pay because thier customorscan't help themselves recently mcdonalds removed the salt from their french fries and they taste awful. I mean I LOVE mcdonalds but I can go without it for months even years.so can anyone.

Question CAN YOU Question
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your post is certainly honest...
Personally, I find here in America, or atleast in my region, a lot of people are opting to get the healthy foods offered at fast food restraunts. The thing here is this atkins diet, low carb stuff. Personally, I don't care for it, I certainly don't need to lose weight, and thank heavens for being gifted to not having to worry about those things because if I did, I'd probably weigh about 200lbs. I like my cheesecake and frenchfries and my hamburger buns. I applaud those who are good about watching what they eat. But I certainly am not about to bash on those who don't or tell them that they should. I'm all about people doing what pleases them and to each his own.
I will agree that it's about being proactive though.
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else read Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation?

Personally, the only time I eat at Fast food is when we are on a trip. I think the fries/soda is the major problem. I don't drink soda as I never learned to like it. Which brings up another point that if you feed kids fatty foods and soft drinks that is what they are going to like.
randomrambler
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know myself for one cannot just NOT eat unhealthy foods. I eat fairly healthy (switched to wheat bread, drink soy milk instead of dairy milk, etc), but I know that I cannot completely eat healthy. If you don't allow yourself something unhealthy once and awhile you will just break down and binge. It is best to allow yourself to eat what your body wants, just in moderation.
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonamethefish wrote:
Anyone else read Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation? .

Great book. If you haven't seen it, Supersize Me is good as well.

I'm with you noname on the soda count, I've never liked it much- give me a good glass of o.j. or apple juice and I'm more than satisfied.

I have to say, absolutely nothing makes me feel as physically ill as fast food. I, too, only eat it on road trips. When I do I can literally feel it oozing from my pores, it makes me feel dirty and tired.

Jake
Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the only person who can't stand fast food? I must admit though I do eat it some times, but just about the only thing I will eat is salad from McDonalds and theirs aren't very good, IMO. So I rarely eat there. I can't stand fried food or anything with mayo.

I'm with you on the orange juice, benedictj, but not the apple... it reminds me of sugar water. I like cranberry juice a lot though. I know it's usually a mix of two or more kinds, but it's more tart.

I like milk just fine, and another hobby of mine is making cheese. What can I say? I need to be occupied with things... Who said having lots of energy is bad? Just channel it. Smile
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.24(Sun)6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to eat a pretty fair amount of fast food. Now I can't stand it. I do occasionally eat fast food, but I try not to. The thought of eating and how I feel makes me afterwards is a big turn off. I've pretty much stopped drinking soda as well. As far as those of you who are trying to eat better a here is my top 3 list of things to stay away from:

1) High Frutose Corn Syrup. This stuff is EVERYWHERE. Gerber puts in a bunch of their foods. I no longer buy Gerber because of it. I know they have some good products, but I refuse to do business with a company who puts that in baby food. Watch the juices and whole grain breads.

2) White flour. Some of the worst food stuffs you can eat, IMO. Careful of "wheat flour". Technically white flour is wheat as well. You really want whole grain, not just brown.

3) White sugar / "Brown Sugar". This stuff isn't much better than white flour. By "brown sugar" I mean the reconstiuted stuff. It's white sugar carmalized and some color/flavor added. Both of these have had any thing good for you removed already.

Personally, I feel a lot has to do with moderation and portions. At least that's my problem.. =)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: