Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
sick molly (cotton puffs)
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CORY-DAWG
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)9:25    Post subject: sick molly (cotton puffs) Reply with quote

I have 1 black molly in a tank that was fine. I went to take a nap ther day and about 3 hours after the last time I looked at her she had developed 3 little cotton puffs on her lip and head. her eyes were a little foggy as well. I went to the LFS and grabbed some JUNGLE FUNGUS CLEAR tablets. Reading up on it I deposited them in my tank. They fizzed away and turned the water a "bluish" tint. That was it said it would do on the instructions. The next day the mollys cooton puffs became smaller. I thought it was going away. This morning I woke up and now she has more! Some are bigger then the first ones she had.. The medication is still in the water. The directions said to keep it in the tank for about 4 days then redose if needed. No other fish are effected by this "fungus". What next?
Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be dealing with a bacterial infection... Here's a link that shows a treatment for columnaris. Does the description from that site seem to match the symptoms better?
CORY-DAWG
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'sso har to tell if it's just fungis or it's bacterial. Earlier today I moved her to a 10 gallon tank by herself with a couple of malaysian trumpet snails that live in there. I added some salt. She swims fine she eats fine she acts normal. The white spots have reduced dramatically compared to what she originaly had. her eyes cleared up as well. I do see some remainders of these cotton puffs but they are really small. I will just leave her be in this seperate tank for a couple of days and let her be.....
Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep in mind though that fungus usually is a secondary infection and columnaris is more common with livebearers. Chances are something else be it bacterial infection or otherwise brought it on, so keep a really close eye out. I'm glad to hear it's working for you!

Good luck!
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: