Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Honey Gourami sick
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrko
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)23:22    Post subject: Honey Gourami sick Reply with quote

Can any one help me out there? I won't have the opportunity to go to the fish store till next week, and I am affraid my honey gourami wouldn't make it till then just like the first one. It has redish spots on it's body, looks like it's thiner, but it eats just fine, fin looks like has been chewed, but no fish in the thank to do it. The redish spot is only on it's gils, and it looks like hie eyes are sucked in somewhat. The first one was gone within a few days, I am realy hoping to save this one. The tank is 50 gallons ( about 180 littres ), water acidity is normal, although I did have a problem in the past with alkaitity being too low ( at 0 ), hardness is OK, but can';t test amonia till next week. Water is clear as it can be. Almosy like if I could drink off of it. Red parrots are mating and having eggs. so conditions should be fine. Have 2 angel fish, 3 silver dollars, 3 clown liches, and one plactocostomus. No live plants, Top fin power filter 60 with carbon. Filter changed and carbon 2 months ago. I have had it for about 3-4 months now. Original water, no dead fish till now. Any Ideas?????? Please help, I would appreciate it.
kjh90
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be ammonia poisining. Test your water to see if it is too high.
sharrko
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't other fish get sick too though? Angels are pretty sensitive, shouldn't they get sick first? Every other fish is doing well. I am thinking now the two might have fought, I think and pretty sure they are both males, or maybe the red perrots were too aggressive cause they are diggin a hole for the eggs and protecting the area.??? Could it be any of this? And like I said the gourami is eating fine, moving fine, it's just loosing it's look and getting maybe a little slow, and skinier. I noticed now there is some little redness in the eyes.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: