Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Results of Customer Appreciation Day
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishboy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.13(Sun)14:09    Post subject: Results of Customer Appreciation Day Reply with quote

Well, I don't know if any of you remember last year when I mentioned that my LFS had a Customer Appreciation Day. Basically, it's just a huge sale, free barbecue, and representatives from different companies like Marineland and fish food makers (which means a lot of food freebies). It just happened this saturday again. All the freshwater fish were buy one, get one of the same variety free. I got there pretty late in the day, so there wasn't much left. But, they still had a whole mess of female bettas, which shocked me, because even when there isn't a sale, they go pretty fast. And, there were still some decent discus left. Last year, the discus were gone in the first hour. Anyway, the discus were a bit expensive for me, but I decided I would take this oppurtunity to get back into bettas. I got 2 females and 2 males since it was buy one get one free. I got some good pictures of my males, but the females are in a tank under my 75 where it's hard to shoot pictures. Here are the males

This one is pretty much a crowntail, and I don't know if they knew that. The guy that was getting my females said "We keep a lot more males in the back that we can't fit in the front, go take a look at those." So I did, and he was what I found.

This is the other male. The picture is a little distorted because of the container he is in. I just liked how red he was, I love solid red bettas.

As soon as I can get a decent picture of the females, I will post them. Stay Tuned! Wink

PostPosted: 2003.04.13(Sun)15:05    Post subject: customer appreciation day Reply with quote

Laughing Good for you. I wish my pet store here in AZ had a customer appreciation day! Congrats on your fish find.
fishboy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.13(Sun)20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is incredibly difficult to get pictures of these females! But, I finally got a decent pic of ONE of the females, at least. Here she is.

Lovely, isn't she?
Psilocybe

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I know what your talking about when you say it is hard to get a good picture of female bettas. The males are easy to take pics of because they're pretty slow, and they'll stare at you and flare up. Whereas the females are constnatly darting around.

lets see if this pic of my female works

Here is a female that I got a few days ago. Sadly the day after I took this picture she developed ICH, now she is in a 5gallon hospital tank with the temp cranked up, salt added to the tank, bright light, and medicated with aquari-sol.
sharksgalore
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that a bumblebee goby I spy in the top left of that pic my friend?? I just got three this evening first I have seen around here in at least a year.
fishboy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That is one great looking female! I hope she gets better! Sad I picked up 2 more today, because I'm on spring break and it's a rare occasion that my LFS gets females, and when they do get them, they always seem to be in quarantine. I remember they got a batch of females in that they had a terrible time with. I had everything set up for breeding, I was ready to condition to male and female, I was excited about breeding them. I went there, and they were quarantined. I took down my betta stuff. The next week, they were out of quarantine. The week after that, they were back in quarantine and the store owner told me they kept having trouble with them. I don't what the deal was.
ophie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! As soon as I get them up on the web, I'm going to post my attempts at getting pics of my females! This can be a gallery of mediocre female betta pics.
I have the same problem! They seem like they would be so easy to photograph, but I have a heck of a time. At least you can get the idea of their colors from the blurry pics, you know?

Beautiful fish, though, both of you. Wow. Mine are not so wow, but I love them.
_Ian_
Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.15(Tue)9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a male I've had for a while 18 months. All he seems to do is lie about all day - it takes a lot for him to move. He is in a 60 litre community tank.

anyone got any ideas how do get him a bit more active?

cheers

Ian
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.04.15(Tue)11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking fish. I picked a female that looks like your second one. She ended up with a dark "cream-cicle" looking color. With those irredecent light green fins... VERY Nice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Popeye
Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.15(Tue)18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pink female like that but she does'nt have red on her tail

last night she was beating up my male (latched on to his tail and went for a ride)
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: