Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Tank lights are NOT made for aquatic plants...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogwai
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)11:57    Post subject: Tank lights are NOT made for aquatic plants... Reply with quote

...but for keeping sleepy cats warm. Very Happy Wink

Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! That has to be one of the cutiest pics I've ever seen! Aren't cats funny? Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Mogwai
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three of my cats get up on that tank - I worry about the lid! They love the fact that the lid is only thin (it's a Rena tank) and it gets toasty warm for them. Very Happy
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too funny! He looks like my Ringo!

He likes it up on the tank to drink out of the filter. Shocked
He won't do it if I'm in the room and if I catch him he bolts. On the smaller tanks, I've taped the filter covers to the back of the filter to keep him from knocking them into the tank. Every morning I wake up and find them flipped up. Cats are CRAZY!
Moo
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my cats used to drink from the box filter. We would yell at it but it still didn't care. Then we caught it drinking out of a vase. Her current favorite watering hole is the dog's bowl.
Mogwai
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww Ringo is lovely!
The sleepy mog above is called Stimpy, I also have a black cat called Darth and a tabby called Boris.
Stimpy is 9 months old, we have always wanted a ginger cat so we bought him as a kitten.
Boris was a stray who came into the vets where my husband worked, after a bad road traffic accident left him with his right foreleg very badly injured - nobody claimed him. He now has a metal plate in his leg, walks with a limp but is fine. He's 8.
Darth came into the charity veterinary clinic where I work as a veterinary nurse - at 3 weeks old, having had no food or water for 5 days, and with so many fleas he was dying from flea anaemia. We gave him a blood transfusion from Boris and he's fine - he's now 3 years old. The owner wanted him put to sleep as she 'couldn't be bothered' with him - her words. Darth is also unusual as he is a 'polydactyl' cat - he has too many toes on his feet - 7 on his right side feet, and 6 on the left side!

What's Ringo's story? Is he a rescue or did you buy him?

Here's Boris and Darth for your viewing pleasure as well - the foot that Boris is stretching out is the one with the metal plate in so he can't bend it like a normal cat would - he doesn't have a wrist joint!

Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sad/wonderful stories! Sad for the kitties, but wonderful to have such a happy ending! I hate people who can be so indifferent to the animals they've chosen to take in, what a horrible woman to want a little kitten put to sleep over starvation and flea infestation!

Ringo is a rescue, he rescued himself! My husband was playing tennis with a freind of his one day, just running and skipping along, whacking the ball around and WHAP! This tiny litle kitten attatched itself to his pantleg and ran halfway up his back! He was only about four weeks old, tiny enough to fit inside a Big Mac box! He was starved and absolutely COVERED in fleas. I still have nightmares about fleas! He was in pretty bad shape. My husband put him down and tried to continue on with his game, but spotted a hawk who was circling and kept eyeing the kitten. And Ringo just kept running up his pantleg and my husband was afraid he was going to injure him. So he scooped him up and brought him home.

That was a year ago, here he is today.

Now, at the time, the house was full to the brim with cats. Our female (and alltime most adored cat) had gotten an absess on her leg right when we were about to get her spayed. The injury took presidence, we were late getting her spayed, and long story short, she got preggers. So at the time Ringo came home, we had her and her four kittens. She took Ringo in and nursed him as her own. For some reason, I'll never know, he soon became her favorite "kid".

We lost her last winter when we were moving, in all the coming and going, she somehow got out and even though we searched and searched we never found her. We're still heartbroken.
Even though we'd found good homes for all of her kittens, we kept Ringo for ourselves. He's a lovely orange spotted tabby, and by far, the most lovable cat I've ever met!
Susan Wright
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Delay, a very spoiled baby. He is 8 years old now. had him since he was a newborn. Loves baby food from a spoon. Here he is eating his snack of chicken from a fork. He thinks he is a person. He has been my constant companion since my husband died. Goes with me everywhere. Loves to ride in the car. Goes with me when ever I go to petsmart to buy anything for him or the fish. He loves to sit on the table in front of the tank and watch for hours. Guess he thinks they are his and his alone.

benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Wright wrote:
This is Delay, a very spoiled baby...He thinks he is a person.

Wink
Laughing

Cute cat. I love long hairs. Alas, I am allergic to both dogs and cats (partial explination of why I had fish when I was young). Growing up in rural Vt, we were able to have outdoor barn cats, since I can pet them, just can't share living space with them. My fave was 'Peachy', who looked like he could have been Delay's twin and was unbelievably sweet.

Jake
Susan Wright
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delay is special to me. I do have his younger brother. Used to breed these. Had 18 at one time. Used to show about 6 of them. Delay has won 80 ribbens before retiring him from the shows. Been offered couple of thousand for him. But couldn't bare to part with him. Now I just have two persians and 3 adopted kitties. and now 4 just adopted me. Mama and 3 10 day old kittens. just opening thier eyes. Also have 2 rescue dogs. 1 big and 1 small. Quite a zoo around here. I live with my daughter now. Good thing she loves animals as much as I do. Laughing

A Lot of people have allergies to cats. My son in law is one of them. but we have found since I bath my cats so much they do not bother him as its the dander that most people are allergic to.
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: