Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Growth on Gourami feeler
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dlee
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)10:22    Post subject: Growth on Gourami feeler Reply with quote

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can give some suggestions or advice. Here is my problem.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a tiny reddish growth on the feeler of my male Gourami. It is located very close to his body, but it is on the feeler none the less. He didn't show any symptoms of being ill, so I did not worry. About a week after noticing this he started to show signs of being ill. He was lethargic and didn't eat as well as he did before. He spent most of the time hiding out in the bottom of the tank. I also noticed at this time that his pectoral fins started to redden. I called up our local fish store and they suspected septicemia. I have treated him for 5 days with Marycyn-2 and he has gotten some of his energy back and is eating again (he had stopped except for munching on algae wafers). He is not eating as much as he did before but he is eating better. The reddness in the fins is gone.

Today I did a water change and also changed the filter as suggested on the Marycyn-2 instructions. All seems well with him except for the fact that he is not as peppy as he was before this problem and the growth has not disappeared. In fact it is bigger than it was before. I have read the faqs section here and the description of Lymphcystis (sp?) the pictures seem very similar. Question

I must also add that there are no ornament etc....in the tank to cause injury.

Any suggestions or comments?

Here is my tank size and water conditions etc...The tank has been set up for over 2 months.

30 gallon
NitrAte 20
NitrIte 0
Hardness 50
Alk. 120
pH 7.2
Temp. 78-80

1 Opaline Gourami
5 neon tetra
2 striped Danio
2 small striped catfish
1 algae eater

Debra
kjh90
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is not part of what you asked, but Danios generaly do best in groups of 3+ with at least 5 being preffered. I just wanted to point that out.
Dlee
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KJH90,

Yes, I know this. The tank is fairly new and planned on adding a few more Danio soon. I hesitate to add to the tank until this problem is solved.

Thank you for your input anyhow.

Debra
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: