Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Relations between fish and other pet we have!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozozo
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)9:17    Post subject: Relations between fish and other pet we have! Reply with quote

I think there should be a topic about the "relations between fish and other pet we have" for example; I have a cat already and when she sees my catfish, she get very excited and tries to catch the catfish. I don't know why is she doing this but it is very interesting that she is only interested about the catfish.I'm gonna take and send a photo of this for you to see.
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: by starting this post, you have "started" the conversation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not start this topic in the aqua chat section of the board.

andrew
2 winged demons
ozozo
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)9:59    Post subject: Searching for the cat fish Reply with quote

My cat is looking for my cat fish;

mbunafan
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.23(Sat)11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I like that. Animals are funny. My yorkshire terrier loves the yellow lab I keep in my room. If you say, "Go see the fish," or "Go see Snaggletooth," she will run into the room and gawk at the tank!
ozozo
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)0:49    Post subject: new photos Reply with quote

new photos Laughing

onurozdi
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)3:13    Post subject: red belly and golden fish Reply with quote

My tank has a perfect relationship with Red Belly Piranha Babies and 10 cm long golden fish.I bought this golden fish 3 years ago.Last week I bought 3 red belly piranha babies to make them my golden fishs friend. Piranhas love golden fish. All my piranha babies want to swim with golden fish. So they try to get closer everytime but sometimes my golden fish denies them.
Anyway watching this perfect friendship is perfect. I learned something like piranhas eat golden fishes from some web sites. These all rubbish.
My golden fish hasn't got any problem. It is very happy with piranhas and swimming more fast than before. But I think golden fish a bit ill because its tail getting small day by day but no big problem I think. Very Happy
ozozo
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)3:27    Post subject: to onurozdi Reply with quote

to onurozdi;
this is a typical sign of keeping goldfish.When you keep them for a while, they make you crazy!!! Evil or Very Mad Goldfish are very, very, very boring fish that only eat and swim, nothing else!! they are just suitable for starting. I think only beginners think; "goldfish are really good looking fish". in onurozdi's example; if there is not a big change, the goldfish 's tail is going to be eaten totally.that's your choice, I think you should send a photo of this !!
Laskey
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my two cats is also obsessed with my bottom dwellers, especially so with my former CAE, and my current SAE. Also the loaches but it's now mainly the SAE that drives him batty. We figure that it's because their behavior resembles that of the prey cats are used to--like mice or other small rodents, which hide and peek out from behind things. Incidentally, I notice that while playing with my cats, they're not interested in a toy unless it's partially "hiding" from them (poking out from behind a door or piece of furniture). It might be programmed into the cats to tune into prey that behave a certain way.

My other cat barely notices the aquariums. He's more interested in sitting on my lap and sniffing the fish food at fishy-breakfast-time, than he's interested in the fish.
ozozo
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)11:55    Post subject: Yes Laskey, you are right but... Reply with quote

Yes Laskey, you are right but,
Regarding to my experiences you are totally right about the hiding toys!! That might be true if my cat was also interested in my black upside down catfish too. But she doesn't care about it. Her attention focused only on my dark brown cat fish. I think there is an emotional Wink or historic(evolutionary or smth like that) relationship between these 2 kind of animal(cat-catfish) .

A question; why we call them "catfish" Question

I need your informative replies..
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: