Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Does anyone know about this product?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
@-McP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.01(Sun)14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I agree that wpg isnt the best for measuring actual lighting intensity. even the same bulbs with different reflectors could be miles apart. I'm eager to see what your prototype turns out like and may be pestering you for details if I take the plunge into an LED tank. Especially for help getting the right colours Laughing
Glitch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.01(Sun)19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the LED I went with http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/w18030_specs.htm
and I mixed in a few of http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/b2_specs.htm and I got them from http://www.superbrightleds.com/index.htm They have many setups for replacing 'screw in' bulbs with LED's too. If you need that type of thing for a small tank, Totaly check them out. Remember to pay attention to wavelenght or wost case, they list in "K" also. If you don't now about wavelenght read the back of a metal halide setup or bulb package at your LFS that how I learned Wink
Glitch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.01(Sun)20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so if I get a light with an actinic bulb people say I should replace it right away... with what? the same as the other? a monkey, dinosaur, and goffer? and WHY whats so bad about actinic lights I can't find anything saying why or what actinic is even. Help Me My brain is melting. melting.. melting... and some chick stole my Ruby Red shoe's too. The nerve of some people Wink oh well I still have my tutu and ace ventura shirt to wear.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: