Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Too much Light?
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
umich79
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)14:47    Post subject: Too much Light? Reply with quote

Recently added a Orbit 2-lamp lighting system, I believe it's rated at 10,000 k and 6,700 k along with dual actinic and moon lights. I have to change my profile, as I made some mistakes, I have a 25 G not a 29, anyhow, I also recently added a Tomato clown, and gave the blue damsel to one of my cousins. The tomato clown hangs out underneath the water outlet on the HOB filter I'm using even though there are ample areas within the tank to duck into. He eats fine, and will move under the rocks at night, but during the day will move, but seems to prefer to stay in this one spot. Should I consider the lighting one of the problems? Wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this. Also added a skimmer, it's a seaclone, is that decent?
perfectblue
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Tomato clown stayed in the current of my filter for a day and a half until he started swimming around the rest of my tank. How long ago did you put the Tomato clown in your tank? Also when ever you bring a new fish home and the fish is in your tank acclimating make sure your aquarium lights are off.

55 gallon saltwater tank

Three 1 gallon Betta bowls
umich79
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had him in for about a week or so, although, initially he/she wasn't eating, and began to swim strange. Problem was identified by a friend as a fungal infection, which has since gone away, and he has been fine for about three days or so, eating whenever feeding time comes around, and moving around the tank more than he was. The clown still spends much of the day around the outlet, until feeding then he into the areas under the LR where the food fall to him. Thanks for the info, I'll make sure that the light is off from now on.

Chris
TheVillageIdiot
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking from watching clowns my father and I owned and ones friends have owned, it seems that they like a current every once in a while... my friend had one that would swim up to the powerhead and swim straigth at it for minutes on end, however, I don't know if this is normal behavior or if it means something is wrong... sorry I couldn't be of more help...
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: