Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Problem with air bubbles
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeNZ
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.19(Tue)23:38    Post subject: Problem with air bubbles Reply with quote

Hello, I'm having some problems with the bubbles from my air stones not popping. I have a 20G high tank with 2 5in bubble walls. this problem just started to arise, as I've had the bubbles in there for over two weaks.

I came home the other day to find the whole top of the tank was covered in bubbles that werent popping. I touched them with my fingers and they all popped and it was good, but today it was doing it too.

They are medium sized bubbles(stone is buried in river rock). Does the weather change mess this up? I also had some drift wood in there that was turning the water brown so I took it out. Thats the only other thing I can think of.

thanks
Darkblade48
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

The driftwood will naturally leech tannins out, so the brown (dis)colouration is perfectly normal, albeit a bit unsightly for some.

As for the bubbles not popping on the surface of the water, it could be due to a buildup of proteins on the surface, creating a "scum".

Check to make sure that your water surface doesn't have this buildup (I.e. turn off your air pump for a while, and see if there is what appears to be an oily surface). If there is, it could be because you're overfeeding, etc.

That's the only thing I can think of
PeNZ
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.21(Thu)21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no scum on top on the water at all. I have no idea whats causing these bubbles not to pop, ill have to try making them biger/smaller and see what happens.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: