Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My planted 5g bowfront
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozziegt
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)9:41    Post subject: My planted 5g bowfront Reply with quote

It's not a real Eclipse brand system...it's the regent system from wal-mart (basically the same thing).

After about 2 months my tank is finally set up how I want it...about 3 or 4 weeks ago I killed all my fish except for one panda (he's a trooper...took him 1-2 weeks to recover but he's fine now)...so now the tank is stocked again and I have the decorations I want too. I got the fish and did the final set up last night...the new fish and the slate shelf have been in the tank for 15-16 hours now. The ferns are about 2-3 weeks old, and the other plants are about 4-6 weeks old.

The plants are 1 bunch of hygro, 1 bunch of java fern (half on left half on right) and 2 crypts (the one on the left is doing much better than the one on the right....),.

The fish are 4 neons, 2 panda cories and a honey sunset dwarf gourami.

I built the slate shelf myself from glass rock and slate from the LFS. It's free standing, no glue. The top shelf is a little wobbly so I might glue it to one of the rocks for stability. The funny thing is I built this for the neons and the cories to hide in but they hardly go in there at all. I think the gourami might enjoy it more than they do! But it hasn't even been 24 hours yet so I guess the behavior might change. The yellow glass rock is actually kind of neon colored, the 'glow' contrasts well against the black / purplish gravel.

I need some kind of surface plant for the gourami...he's staying near the bottom of the tank right now, I think he's uncomfortable with the light up there and nothing to hide him. But I don't want to cut light out from my other plants either...suggestions would be nice.

Now the pics:

The whole tank (click for fullsize):

Some more pics of the shelf

perfectblue
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tank. For floating plants you could try some Anarcharis or some Java Moss. The slate shelf looks really cool nice job('Very Happy').

55 gallon saltwater tank

Three 1 gallon Betta bowls
ozziegt
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...java moss isn't a bad idea...the only question is where to get a small piece at a decent price...
perfectblue
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get a small amount of Java Moss at Aquabid.com for a decent price.

55 gallon saltwater tank

Three 1 gallon Betta bowls
ozziegt
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought some Anarcharis for $2 from the LFS....it doesn't seem to be making a difference though. I'll give it a day or two...if it doesn't do anything I'll take it out.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: