Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Parrot Eggs
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.24(Sun)20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

midas and severums can't cross. They are of a totally different genus. Midas and red devils do have the same genus name just different species names which means they are slightly related and able to cross breed in some instances.
my oscars
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.24(Sun)22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you really do need two other kind of fish. What about mixing a red devil and and Oscar? Is it possible?,, Oh by the way, I notice my two parrots have no tails, why is that? Is their parents Parrots?, not Midas and red devil? I think my two parrots are deform. Confused Very Happy
jynxy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.25(Mon)2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cichliddude123 is right, as well as it being one of the meanest fish! it would also be massive if it was to be a cross between and red devil and a midas, and as parrots only get to 8" in length and red devil and midas get to 12" each I think the blood parrot would grow more to this size. Blood parrots are infact a cross between a Red Devil and Turquoise Severum.
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.25(Mon)10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops seems I was wrong. I just did some research and found that parrots are indeed a cross between a midas and severum. No wonder the breeding of these guys has so many issues. In most cases it shouldn't happen because of incompatable genuses.
my oscars
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.26(Tue)22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are my Parrots deform? Why they don't have tails?. Could they be kids of parrots not Severum and red Devil?
my oscars
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.01(Sun)22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just followin up. Very Happy what do you guys think about that? Laughing
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: