Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What's Your Pick-Scariest Movie Ever
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loachie07
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)17:53    Post subject: What's Your Pick-Scariest Movie Ever Reply with quote

I just thought it would be a fun discussion. hmm, I believe mine would have to be The Exoricst. not many horror movies can get under you skin like that, and just make you sweat without needing any cheap scares. Theres nothing in the movie that would make you scream (except for the stairs), its just so emotional and powerful. I just think its a wonderfully made movie, especially coming from the early 70's where dazzling special effects weren't had, or needed in this film. plus the sound is awesome. and lemme tell you I about had a heart attack during the spider walk. gives me chills just thinking about it-I was afraid to go down stairs for weeks.

anyway, put in your opinions Razz
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really a tough one...I like a wide array of movies.

Absolutely, the Exorcist is scary, scary, scary. As far as pure horror films go, it is definitely the scariest I've seen.

My vote goes to psychological horror though, from the same time period. The original 'Shining' is one of the most terrifying things I have seen (or was the fisrt time I saw it). Although "The Believers" is also bone chilling at points, especially the Jimmy Smits scene in the dinner...whew.

Last edited by benedictj on 2005.04.16(Sat)18:43; edited 1 time in total
@-McP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I agree and would add that Exorcist: The Beginning is also one creepy movie Shocked coincidentally I watched those two movies yesterday...what are the odds Wink
Glitch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a wimp about scary movies but I'd say the first 'Resident Evil' or 'Evil Dead' but the funniest scary movie would be 'Army of Darkness'(Evil Dead 3)
with lines like "this is my Boom Stick" and "Remember shop smart shop S-Mart". Among many others.
WilbyZ
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say Event Horizon to be on the top of my list.

Really messes with your mind and weird strange stuff happens in the movie. All in the open lonely errie settings of deep space! No where to run to for help!
Susan Wright
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a wimp also, but I think my scariest movie was The Last House on the Left. It was close enough to real life that it made you think twice about being home alone.
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet I'm the only person who saw this movie...Orca. Anyone else? Anyone? The 70's movie with a guy deciding it's a great idea to use a harpoon to bring in a live killer whale to sell to an aquarium? And instead of hitting the male he's aiming for, ends up hitting his pregnant mate, who ends up dead, and the movie...well, is not quite Jaws.

As a kid though, the movie was freaky to me if only because this whale was NOT Shamu, was NOT Free Willy, this orca freaking bit the legs off people. And seeing the female orca's miscarriage is an image that still sticks in my mind.

Yeah. I'm a weird one. Is anyone surprised?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Susan Wright
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that movie also. Was a real good movie. It stuck in my mind also, But not the miscarriage, but the fact of how the whale wanted his revenge for the death of his mate.
seadoubleyou
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The haunting... (The original one from the 60's) I couldn't sleep for days after I saw that one as a kid. And benedictj is right, The shining is still one of my favorites too....
CW
Doosharm
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I was a kid Evil Dead scared me half to death. I rented it a few years back though to revisit the horror and I couldn't stop laughing. Those movies are an absolute riot. Now though, I think the scariest movie is The Grudge. That movie made the one place I thought was safe, my bed (under the covers), a place where a monster might attack me. I don't know if I'll ever feel safe in my bed again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: