Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Solar
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)12:35    Post subject: Solar Reply with quote

Hey everybody-

After much palm sweating and nail biting, my wife and I have finally made an offer on a house, it has been accepted and we are getting the pegs in order for closing. (Beautiful Queen Anne Victorian with an unfinished basement- soon to be finished out into a laundry room and fish room Very Happy).

Anyway, we are interested in getting a solar power system up and running. New York state offers a great rebate/tax credit program that will pay for approx 50% of the cost, and of course the utility companies are obligated to credit for any production. Still, after spending a few hours researching, I haven't been able to find any honest assesments of having a PV system (it's all plusses out there). I have run through some online calculators and found that it really could work in terms of power consumption and cash, but I really need feedback about the any drawbacks or annoyances, etc.

So, does anybody out there have systems set up for their home? Do you find it worth it? Once it is up and running how much time do you devote to maintainence, etc? Do you have any major complaints or advice?
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: