Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello from Seoul
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaejae
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.15(Fri)20:00    Post subject: Hello from Seoul Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I have always been interested in fishkeeping, along with a fascination with snakes as well, and kept cichlids for about 5 years in my teens. I was particularly fond of 2 Red-Devil juveniles (pair) that I purchased and kept for quite a while. When I moved, due to my parent's divorce I took them back to the pet store I orignally had bought them from and they were about 20cm and really beautiful. I also kept a pair of convicts, a firemouth and and oscar as well as a gorgeous Plec that grew to about 30 cm. I was always keen on cichlids because they have great personality.They never felt like "fish" but more along the lines of what people traditionally think of as pets such as dogs and cats. Anyway, I haven't kept fish for about 10 years but am now at the stage of my life where I feel I have the maturity and budget to get going again (of course I will need to do a bit of convincing to the wife having just got married last year). I am hoping to get as much knowledge from this forum as possible as I am sure a lot has changed in the 10 years I have been away. I also live in Seoul, my wife is Korean, but I am from South Africa. I would love to hear from other enthusiasts in Seoul (who can speak a smattering of English if possible) if there are any. Thanks for taking the time to read my mini thesis Wink

Jason
Steve Hampton
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to AofA Jason and more importantly welcome back into the hobby. You will find that some of the equipment has improved a slight bit, but that overall the basics of the hobby remain the same. It sounds as though you understand already the difference between being a fishkeeper and a fish-haver. Be careful, now that you are an established adult you may end up like a lot of us with aquariums in every room. Wink
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.18(Mon)17:37    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Steve, happy to be here!

Regards,

Jason
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: