Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
IN Line Protien skimmer for canister filter?
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modemfox
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.11(Mon)19:03    Post subject: IN Line Protien skimmer for canister filter? Reply with quote

I have seen the insump protien skimmers that look like the could be just set on the floor with water fed to them through a pump and an output hose back to the aquarium. I was told this couldn't be done so I decided to try something else. I have a magnum 350 canister filter and was wondering if there is some kind of in line protien skimmers for it I could buy, and if so who makes it? I know they make in line heaters by hydor but thats about all I know of in line.... Oh wait. and also in line UV filters I know about. But basically I wanted to run everything in line with the canister filter and I am trying to find a Protien skimmer that would allow this. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVillageIdiot
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.12(Tue)10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about a HOB protein skimmer? this one is supposed to be pretty good just make sure you get the deluxe package for the hangon feature and there are certainley other hob pt skimmers out there, and as far as I know, a protien skimmer in a sump works just fine... Smile
KDodds
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.04.12(Tue)11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to my knowledge. If you work something out with an HOB Skimmer, you'll do best to have the Skimmer feed the Magnum, not vice versa.
modemfox
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.12(Tue)13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just decided to buy a Sump. I got a marineland tidepool 1 and I will get a protein skimmer as soon as I can. This is just getting set up for I have converted a 55 gallon freshwater tank to saltwater and there is no life in it yet. But I live in florida right on a beach so I was thinking maybe a hermit crab or something till I get enought live rock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: