Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
bio spira equivalent
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
touie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.08(Fri)13:57    Post subject: bio spira equivalent Reply with quote

Apparently bio spira is unavailable in the UK. There is another product called Nutrafin Cycle that contains "beneficial bacteria" and claims to "rapidly mature new aquariums" does anyone know whether it works or is the same as bio spira? has anyone tried it?
ozziegt
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.08(Fri)14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard about it but I have read that Seachem Stability seems to do a decent job...it's the only product I've heard of which comes close to the effectiveness of biospira.
modemfox
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.10(Sun)13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the seachem stability is a great product, but as long as it is not expired. I work for a LFS here in florida and we use it when ever possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gunnie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.10(Sun)14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no other product like bio spira. It is the only one with the actual bacteria required for a cycled tank. Cycle is like buying water IMO. It may accelerate bacterial growth, but you can't cycle a full bio load of fish with cycle without casualties. It is not the same thing as bio spira. I have seen a lot of interest lately on the stability product but have never used it. If you do actually want to try the bio spira, you can go to The Fish Store and order fresh bio spira from Bernie. He replenishes his supply weekly, and he does ship to the UK. Wink
touie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.11(Mon)10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks thats nice to know!!! Very Happy ................................
WilbyZ
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.12(Tue)8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

bio spira equivalent = an old used filter mat/sponge (you can get your hands on one from your LFS when they change their filters) Smile
Gunnie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.13(Wed)4:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

WilbyZ wrote:
bio spira equivalent = an old used filter mat/sponge (you can get your hands on one from your LFS when they change their filters) Smile

Thank you Wilby, you are absolutely correct. That is the preferred method for me. However, when that is not an option, bio spira has saved my fish 3 times when I messed up the biological filter and did it beautifully. Wink

Modemfox, can you pm me your store address? I will be in PC this weekend Laughing
The Old Salt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.15(Fri)20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stability is the only OTHER product which contains the correct bacteria like Bio-Spira does.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: