Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
fish stores near chicago
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
violentray
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.06(Wed)22:54    Post subject: fish stores near chicago Reply with quote

does any one know of any good reliable fish stores near the chicagoland area. I will be moving back there soon and would like to hear about some good ones to possibly get fish at for my 2 29 gallons I have.

there are petsmart and petCo, but preferably an small mom and pop or similar store.

RIP - 6 neons, and a betta
BowserFins
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.10(Sun)21:50    Post subject: King Coral Reply with quote

Hey,

I've heard and read a ton of good stuff about King Coral Aquarium, I've been meaning to take a trip there myself for a few months, but just never have the time, I also live about 2 hours south as well..... They specialize in catfish/plecos and african(malawi and Tang) cichlids... But they also carry a lot of other stock and equipment... www.kingcoral.com... Thats their website.. Good luck
Bowserfins
dr_fosg8
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.13(Wed)10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to go to a place called Pagoda pet shop. It is in Lockport. Lots of tanks on display for community fish. Also cichlids, salt, discus, koi. Lots of stuff to choose from.

Also very knowledgeable staff. The people that work there actually keep fish themselves.
violentray
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.13(Wed)14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering using Terry's aquarium and pet center in Hammond Indiana. its only about 20-30 minutes from where I live. their shop maybe small but all of their tanks were beatuifully clean and all the fish looked happy.

The Old Salt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're close to Hammond, then you're close to Bridgeview.
Bridgeview has two stores I like. Both are on Hwy 43 = Harlem Ave.

The first one is Palos Pets, just a block south of the Walmart Supercenter, and on the same side of the street. I've always found lots of neat stuff there I normally don't see anywhere else.

The second is the Odd-Lots Pet Shop. It's in a shopping center next to the Haunted Castle amusement park. As the name suggests, you never know what you're going to find. They have a pretty good selection of saltwater as well as fresh, and oodles of equipment.
Zodia
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.18(Mon)10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Chicago and I LOVE King Coral (They are more North near Montrose)! Other's include: Scott's Pet Shop (Westchester), Rainbow Pets (Schaumburg), Wet Pet's & Friends (Schaumburg...good for newbies). There is a place in Buffalo Grove that is pretty good, I can't remember the name, but worth a visit if you are in the area.
violentray
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.18(Mon)13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the king coral web site and was just blown away by the pics form their site. I will deffinately try to get up there.

Zodia
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.18(Mon)15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a trip there if you are a cichlid fan, they have some rarer ones depending on what they have in. If you like apistos, they will sometimes have 3 or 4 types, if you are lucky. Their assortment of 'community' fish is standard, but they do have rarer angelfish and discus.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: