Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Kitty litter bucket for water changes
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
in stereo
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.04(Mon)20:13    Post subject: Kitty litter bucket for water changes Reply with quote

Seeing as I have four bettas (6 gals combined) and 2 ghost shrimp (1/2 gal) in tanks that need 100% changes twice a week and no container large enough to keep water in I was thinking of using one of the many Tidy Cats plastic litter buckets I have.

The two larger tanks I have are taking their sweet time cycling and the water changes are getting to be a royal pain when I have to do it 1/2 gallon at a time which takes all day to change 4 tanks and one 'bowl'.

Is there any harm in doing this?
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.04(Mon)20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as long as you rinse it very well. I use an old 5g bucket that used to hold flake food that my lfs gave me. For my 5g tanks though I use smaller containers like empty plastic litter buckets.
drbdc
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.07(Thu)16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny, I use those all over the house. My mop bucket, my coral carrying bucket to the local reefclub meetings. I raise pomacea bridgesii's and take them to the LFS's in those also. On my reef, I did use one for a kalkwasser resevoir to drip from but had to upgrade to a 30 gallon size for that. Great free buckets.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: