Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Moderators fish tanks
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh Hansen
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.03(Sun)1:00    Post subject: Moderators fish tanks Reply with quote

I was wondering what the moderators keep in their fish tank in a way of fish. I know some of the moderators have the fish tanks on their personal information details but not everyone. Mainly whom is in marine, freshwater e.t.c
and what theme they have choosen for freshwater e.g amazon, australian

Thanks

from Josh
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.03(Sun)7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you want to know about just mod's tanks?

Anyhow, I'll play:
FW only so far
been through and sold off, mBuna and CA cichlids, Angels etc.

Currently into Tang cichlids (shellies), Discus, apistos, SA catfish, planted nano shrimp tanks, etc.
Currently only at 4 tanks due to 3 small kids! Smile

That what you were looking for?
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.03(Sun)8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kept a number of different tank over past few years. Due to living space I am down to a planted 30gal. Which currently houses Endler's and 1 remaining dojo loach. The plants survived the 100degree malfunction, but only 1 dojo loach made it.

I believe I have pictues of my other tanks hanging around in various photo gallry posts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Steve Hampton
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.03(Sun)9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, I'm going to look like the guy that needs to get a life...oh, wait...Cyradia has a much bigger problem than me.

I have a planted 75 gallon.
Two planted 20G.
Two planted 30G.
One 20L brackish tank.
30G reeftank with 10G refugium.
55G Mbuna tank.

I have empty a new 75G and stand, four 10's, a 20L, 5G, 2.5G, 1G Hex, and two 20's.
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.03(Sun)16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

450 L - Amazonian fish
500 L - Oscar (pair)
72 L - apisto trifasciata (pair)
72 L - apisto borelli (pair)
200 L - apistos (offspring of the above)
200 L - empty (reserve for more young Wink)
1100 L pond - fish and plants native of the State of S

Jos
Josh Hansen
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.04(Mon)3:44    Post subject: fish tanks Reply with quote

I was interested on the moderators fisk tanks because I consider the moderators the best people in fish keeping and they would have had seen a lot of information over the internet in a long time frame. I was interseted if they had the same fish as I do I would been happy for them to share the fish knowledge or plant upkeep. I am always interested in improving my fish keeping hobby skills and giving the fish the best environment possible. This is same with any pet I owned. I can say making my animals happy can bordered on obessiveness. I want to make it clear there is no internal motive for politcial or invasion of personal information gained as I am not that sort of person.

I am very appreciated of anyone who shares their information on their tanks.

from Josh
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.05(Tue)23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a transitional state with my tanks right now(hey its spring!) but here is how things look as of now.

10 gal-2 Nothobranchius kafuensis juvies

10 gal-pair of bluespotted sunfish(Enneacanthus gloriosus). Hoping these will breed.

10 gal-awaiting some neccesary equipment. Hope to house another kind of killie here. It would be nice if heaters fell from the sky.

46 gal-montezumae swordtails, American flagfish trio, F. chrysotus trio(will be moving these out due to compatibility issue), single blue gularis(lost female).

Hope this is what you were looking for.
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.06(Wed)8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL We have many members that have way more experience than us. Well at least more than me. Smile

10g planted (barely LOL still working on taking care of the chemistry)
4 rummy nose tetras
4 black neons
1 dwarf flag cichlid

30g breeding brichardi tank
2 adult brichardi and one fry

5g hex tank (this tank will soon be planted again)
2 amano shrimp
1 betta

After I move I'm aquiring another 10g that will be planted I may move the rummys there so I can build up the school of black neons and get some rams fro the new 10g. I want to find a girlfriend for the dwarf flag male that I have (btw these guys make absolutely amazing beginners dwarf cichlids).
Dawn
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.06(Wed)14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I have not even one little tank setup... I've had my ups and downs with fish keeping, especially when I really got into breeding fish. At the most there's been around 30 something tanks of many sizes as well as maybe 150 or so male bettas that were in their own containers (I wasn't working at that time).

Anyway, sometime soon I'll jump head first back into the hobby. We just have so much to take care of right now, I'd rather wait until I have enough time to enjoy it... If there's too much to do it can feel like a chore rather than a hobby.

My main interest as far as fish go... wild type and/or hard to find fish including livebearers, bettas, killifish and so on. IMO, most are pretty easy to keep though some that I've kept are a little more challenging. Before I had to cut back on fish tanks I purchased some really hard to find fish and was extremely upset over giving them up.

Noname, I know someone who has a box of water heaters, if you'd like one let me know...
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.06(Wed)19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason why the moderators should be considered the best people in fish keeping. They're just good fishkeepers like many others, except that they've been recruited to help around with the board maintenance. In fact, in this board the Advisor team is the one more likely to express "the best" in terms of fishkeeping. You don't become a great fishkeeper by moderating a fish board...you do it mostly through years of hands on experience...
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: