Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
HELP! I think I ruined my light fixture...
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.31(Thu)20:19    Post subject: HELP! I think I ruined my light fixture... Reply with quote

I'm an idiot. I didn't read up on how to wire a flourescent light until I already did and messed up. Please excuse the double post, I posted in the equipment forum before I messed this all up.
Anyway, I bought a cheap 15W fixture and tried to wire it to my existing one, by connecting the new wires coming out of the terminals to the old ones (both lamps on one ballast) and now I can't get either to work. The old fixture worked OK for a couple minutes then quit, the new one never worked at all after it was hooked up. I tried removing the new one and putting things back the way they were, that didn't help. Did I ruin my ballast? I didn't know I couldn't put two lamps on the same one. Guess I should have read up before I went and started splicing wires Embarassed
Chaffe
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.31(Thu)21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe look at this as an oppurtunity to get a new electronic ballast and overdrive your flourecents. Plenty of how too's on the web.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: