Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
LFS Issue
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrissyW
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.28(Mon)14:23    Post subject: LFS Issue Reply with quote

I have a huge issue with a local store that sells tropical fish...their stock is constantly infected with disease (still for sale and unquarantined) and the animals and tanks always appear to be uncared for, at least not by qualified staff. What bothers me the most is that I have complained several times with no results. Once, I watched in horror as a family purchased fish obviously infected with ich! - what kind of fish-keeping experience does this make for a beginner fishkeeper? If the store in question does not care when I complain...who should I notify? Please help.
@-McP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.28(Mon)16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

just don't shop there. its as simple as that. but you know what really gets me is when people start a new thread when that topic has been beaten to death on many other threads...
KrissyW
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.28(Mon)19:36    Post subject: LSF Issue Reply with quote

Sorry...I didn't realise that this was such a common issue. Just disregard and I will read the other posts. KrissyW
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.03.28(Mon)20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologize, Krissy, and I'm sure @-McP meant no ill will towards you. It's just easy for folks who have been around here for a long time to come across newer members who post about topics that may have been recently covered but predate their participation here. Usually these types of posts regarding poor practices and conditions are located in the Lounge, so that would be a good place to start your search and discovery of just how not alone you are in your displeasure. Wink Kudos to you for caring!

Regards,

2la
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.29(Tue)10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

no ill will at all. Smile its hard to convey a mood without loading up on the emoticons so Very Happy
KrissyW
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.29(Tue)20:12    Post subject: LFS Issue Reply with quote

Hi @-McP and 2la,

There was no offense taken by @-McP's comment. As a "newbie" to this forum, I appreciate any advice that other members can offer. I really should have checked for similar threads before posting and I genuinely felt dense for bringing up a topic I could have read about elsewhere. I spend a lot of time at work and home communicating via e-mail and I have to completely agree with @-McP that sometimes it is hard to determine a person's mood with only written words...and thank goodness for emoticons Very Happy. I look forward to chatting with either of you in the future!
@-McP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.30(Wed)21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed cya around! hope your tanks are well Very Happy
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: