Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Bigger and Better
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirreal63
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.27(Sun)19:33    Post subject: Bigger and Better Reply with quote

I decided a while back to get a bigger tank as mine was filling up rather quickly. I found the tank I wanted, a 58 gallon Oceanic Show with stand. This is an awesome tank, 36" long, 18" wide and 21" tall, it has no center brace, 3/8" thick glass and built like a tank. I transferred the inhabitants of the 29 gallon this weekend. I still need to get the 30 gallon sump/fuge set up as it is currently housing water for a water change should any levels get out of whack in the 58. It also has my chaeto and ulva in it and a lot of live rock rubble.

Here is the tank this afternoon, only lit by 220 watts of PC's, but my T5's should be here on Tuesday and then it will be lit appropriately.

So much more room for the fish and corals. The intake for the Whisper is visible, but I will take it out in a few days. It belongs on my Quarantine tank and will need to go back to keep the bacteria alive in the tank.

I will update as progress happens.
75 gallon planted, 5.45 wpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T5Chris
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.28(Mon)3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I like it already! Did you choose glass over acrylic for any reason in particular?
sirreal63
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.28(Mon)6:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...in my area this tank and stand go for about 500 bucks...I got it for 150 bucks. Cool
75 gallon planted, 5.45 wpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: