Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I'm on a quest to create a 29g.planted guppy tank
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxbody
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.27(Sun)8:40    Post subject: I'm on a quest to create a 29g.planted guppy tank Reply with quote

So far my 29gal. tank is looking good and my Pygmy chain swords are staring to root. About 1/2 of my guppies died, but I think thats because I bought them from Walmart! Crying or Very sad I'm hoping to learn a lot on this board and I'm really glad I found this site Very Happy I found this site because it was listed in my Nutrafin Aquatic News issue #2 magazine.
Steve Hampton
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.27(Sun)8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to The Age of Aquariums. There are lots of seasoned fishkeepers here to offer help and guidance. For many of us the hobby has been a lifelong passion. Please check out the links on the left to the static information that's been assembled and do a few board searches for specific fish information. You will find a wealth of information this way. And of course ask any specific question you may have in the appropirate forum.

To get the best Guppy stock you might want to approach your Local Fish Store, not WalMart, and inquire about local Aquarium Clubs or Societies. There are almost always at least one good local Guppy breeder with much better stock than the fish available at the stores, either contact the Club or ask about the Guppy stock the store carries.

Happy posting!
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.28(Mon)16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome. Today I bought a few different varieties of aquatic plants and 4 female guppys who seem to pregnant. I'm hoping with all the plants I'm planting that the babies will be able to find safe hiding spots so they won't get eaten. Oh... and I had a guppy that was dying so I fed it to my baby King snake Wink which is better than flushing it down the toilet.
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: