Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
55 gallon pics!
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sahara22588
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.25(Fri)13:32    Post subject: 55 gallon pics! Reply with quote

Some updated pictures of the tank. I finally cleaned it yesterday so everything got moved around a bit. Hope you guys enjoy!

There's the whole tank. One half is definately busier than the other, but I think it makes for a nice effect.

Some of the inhabitants.

Here's the ten gallon betta tank I have set up. I took the 20 pounds of gravel from my 20 long and moved it in here, so there's quite a lot of substrate. I think it looks cool.

Jack Daniels

Kilian, looking a little bluer in this picture than he actually is.

I hope you guys liked the pics!! I'm hoping to replace the 55 with a 100 soon, but I'll have to convince the parents first.

Byez!!! Very Happy
LittleMousling
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.03.25(Fri)13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that bichir! Ornate or ...? I can't tell if they're differently-exposed photos of the same fish or different individuals - I'll admit to not being a Polypterus expert but, in any case, they're lovely.
Fishkeeper55
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.25(Fri)13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice tanks, good luck trying to convince the parents, cause I am in the same boat your in trying to convince my parents into getting my 55 replaced with a 75 gal.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Sahara22588
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.25(Fri)16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Mousling; if you're talking about the 2nd pic, that is my ornate bichir, Luau. He's one of the newer additions to the tank and he is growing like a weed. I got him when he was the same size as Ohana (the albino) and now he's almost as big as Lilo (the one in the first pic). I wish he wasn't so shy, then I could get a really good pic of him.

Fishkeeper55; I think I can manage to convince the parental units to let me get a bigger one as long as I get rid of the 55. I'd have to do that anyway, since the only place I can put a 100 would be where the 55 is now. I dismantled 4 of my 6 tanks which really made them happy, so if I still limit the number of tanks to 2 there shouldn't be a problem. I hope...

How does this sound for a filtration plan if I get the 100; two Cascade 1000 canister filters, one with bio sponges and ceramic rings, the other with carbon, Purigen, polyfiters, and zeolite. That way, I'd only have to mess with one every month instead of taking apart my entire filtration system. The two filters combined would turn over the tank about 4 times in an hour. Sound good?

Byez! Very Happy
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: