Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Funniest thing just happened at LFS
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moo
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.23(Wed)19:23    Post subject: Funniest thing just happened at LFS Reply with quote

Well I went to Walmart, sadly the only fish place even remotely close, today and noticed they had some female danio and seeing that I only had males in my tank, I decided to buy some. I finally got some assistance and the guy tried catching them but with no luck. Next he got somebody else to help me but still to no avail. They got so aggitated that they even let me try, a big big no no, but first I had to swear I wouldn't sue Walmart if I fell off the ladder. After a while I couldn't catch any. The girl tried again but still no fish, well no female. So the lady said that this is the first time that they couldn't catch a fish and told me to come back any day, Monday-Friday from 7-4pm. I probably won't go back, I'll just drive an hour away to a reputable fish store.
redflame56262
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.23(Wed)20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens to me often when I go to walmart. Like you it is the only fish store close to me. Last time I whent I wanted some neon tetras and when I got someone to help he couldnt catch them and not only that but he also killed one accidently smashing him into the glass with the net.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
brennus
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.27(Sun)15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish stores are allergic to Peoria, Arizona, as far as I know. I live on 109th ave and Deer Valley, and the closest reputable non-PetCo/PetsMart/Wal Mart is on 19th ave and Deer Valley, 100 blocks eastward... :\ The one I go to is in deep downtown, and fish would probably die on the 35-40min trip back home...

So, I gotta try this "closer" one... Smile

I, however, have never had such an experience... Who knows, maybe I'm lucky like that. Smile
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.27(Sun)20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would they die in a 45 minute trip?
Glitch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.27(Sun)22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have one good lfs here in steamboat springs, colorado. there are other store's but only one known for quality. if I want to go else where its at least 2.5 to 3.5 hours drive time(police and weather depending.)
ksls
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.31(Thu)12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one small mom and pop lfs near me, and by near I mean 45 minutes away. The next store(better) is 2.5 hrs away. We drive there once a month and pick up 500 Rosey red minnows and anything else that we might need. We keep the feeders in two 100 gallon rubbermaid tubs with cold water and a bubbler in each.

gotta do whatcha gotta do!
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: