Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
eclipse system 6 planted tank.
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supaoopa
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.16(Wed)0:54    Post subject: eclipse system 6 planted tank. Reply with quote

this is my second tank started up shortly after the first (29 gal).

How it looked when I first set it up.

how it looked 3 weeks ago

THe java ferns were taken out do to some unknown cause of sudden dying off. I suspect it was because they were purchased in one of those tubes with gel causing the roots to compact and eventually rott away killing the whole plant. ohh well. Confused
Master_Yoda
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.17(Thu)0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sweet looking, man would I love to be that betta fish =) Are those just plants you transplanted from the 29 gallon?
supaoopa
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.17(Thu)2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Actually its the other way around. I ended up with to many plants the second time around replanting this tank so the leftovers went into the 29 gal. I also originally transfered 2 java ferns to the 29 gal and they also died off at almost the same time as in the 6 gal (after 3 months of perfect growth). Sad Never going to purchase those prepackaged plants again. Confused
brennus
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.23(Wed)21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice! I hope those guys live! Smile
supaoopa
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.24(Thu)1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

What guys? the white clouds? They're quick enough to evade the betta, Although after the first week of having them together the betta lost all interest in them. He likes to spend most of his time now swishing throught the plants or flaring and his own reflection. Laughing
mmm..algae
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.24(Thu)17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking about getting an Eclipse 6. Did you use the stock lighting and everything for those plants? They look beautiful. How do you deal with the immense water flow from the filter? If you could post some specs (gravel, plants, etc...) I'd really appreciate it.
ozziegt
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.24(Thu)22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's nice. Makes my 5g look like crap. What are those in the back? The filter intake doesn't bother them? What are you going to do when they get too tall?

What kind of wattage is the lamp. My 5g has an 8w flourescent.
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.24(Thu)23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! I'd love to be that betta.

You might want to play around with the driftwood placement some. Generally, a focal point isn't placed in the direct center but slightly off of it for best looks. But of course this is your tank Smile Trimming down the java moss might encourage it to spread more over the dritftwood.
supaoopa
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.25(Fri)1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm..algae: Tank is all original. Using plain black gravel, original lighting, flora pride plant fertilizer when I remember, don't really syphon the gravel so the swords and the chain sword roots have something to feed off.

The only thing that I have messed around with is the filter cartrige. I stripped it and strapped a fluval sponge on the casing.

ozziegt: The plants in the back are amazon swords. These are the original plants I started with back in november of '04. I'm gussing since the lighting cuts off halfway in the back that it prevents the leaves form growing any taller. I just occasionally trim off some of the leaves so they don't start to take over. As for the light I believe its also an 8 watt bulb.

nonamethefish: Just recently trimmed the java fern. I like the way its grown in (overall look), haven't really touched anything for at least 2 months. This is the tank I just kind of leave alone since I have a more demanding 29 and a new 10 gal to mess around with and stress over. Laughing
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: