Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Meet my Kribensis-new better pic
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.12(Sat)16:08    Post subject: Meet my Kribensis-new better pic Reply with quote

Well, anyone who has read any of my recent posts lately, knows my worry I had regarding a krib I bought. The fish hasn't given me a problem at all yet, and I am hoping he'll hold out until I get my large tank set up.

So, here is the little bugger, SO beautiful, and pretty small at the moment. I don't know what I am going to name him yet, so I am very open to suggestions:

The clearest picture I could get:

A couple others that really show his true colours:

I am still learning about how to take good pictures with my digital camera. .. so hopefully as this guy grows, I will be able to take some awsome pics.

Ah, I finally got an awesome pic:

Last edited by LunarFlame on 2005.03.17(Thu)8:58; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.12(Sat)17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a beautiful krib you've got there! I like the fact that he has an eyespot(ocelli) on the tail-I've only seen maybe 3 or so which have those. Planning on breeding him? I do remember I named my female krib peaches-unsure if I named the male or not.
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.12(Sat)17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonamethefish wrote:
Thats a beautiful krib you've got there! I like the fact that he has an eyespot(ocelli) on the tail-I've only seen maybe 3 or so which have those. Planning on breeding him? I do remember I named my female krib peaches-unsure if I named the male or not.

Once I set up my larger tank, I am considering getting a female for him, and mating.

Most of the male krib at the pet store (there were about 4) had those eyespots. The one I got had a much more prominent one thought Smile I made sure I got him!
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.13(Sun)20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Krib, I love the colours, I hope everything works out well for you and your little critter lol
Rossco
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.14(Mon)18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish!
Do you keep him in a community tank? And is he aggressive?
I have been interested in a Krib and am just wondering what they are like. Thanks.
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.14(Mon)18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

infowanted wrote:
Nice fish!
Do you keep him in a community tank? And is he aggressive?
I have been interested in a Krib and am just wondering what they are like. Thanks.

Since he is quite young, and only been in the tank 4 days, I am not sure how his temperment will be.
He is currently with 6 head and tail light tetras, 3 panda corys, and 3 otos. So far he seems to be doing great. He dosen't go near the other fish, and will only dart at the tetras if they get too close to him. Dosen't chase them though.

Just a word of advice, if you get a male and female, they will be VERY aggressive when spawning, and should not be kept with other fish during that time.

Also, depending on the fish, some actually may be aggressive in a community tank anyways. Some are more peacful, some go bizerk. Its just luck of the draw. Getting one at a younger age may help though.

Not to mention my krib is moving to a MUCH larger tank soon.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.23(Wed)11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful fish! Good job with him/her. Keep it up! Smile Also, you should name him Ben.
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.24(Thu)12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot to mention, We came up with a name for him: Scuba!
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: