Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Angels + babies
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pankis
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)22:31    Post subject: Angels + babies Reply with quote

My angels, showing off their parenting skills:

Blurry close-up:

Mom and the kids:
Master_Yoda
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Pankis, those are some great pics. Congratulations, I hope they all make it =)
JeremyL
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.07(Mon)0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, what type of angel is it?
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.03.07(Mon)22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures!

And you would not know how great it is to see that some angels still have the parenting skills intact. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.07(Mon)22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice...I never get tired of seeing cichlid families. Those parents look great too...excellent finnage and general appearance. It's obvious they're very well cared for...congrats!
Francheska
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.03.07(Mon)23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!!
I was amazed to see that Angelfish fry looks so similar to Blue Ram fry that is now growing in my tank! Very Happy
This is so exiting! I can't keep my eyes of the babies! Can you? Great photos too! Cool
Question: how old is the fry and what do you feed them? I feed my baby Rams microworms and liquid fry food and will start hatching BBS very soon.
Good luck with raising this beautiful family,
F.
pankis
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.08(Tue)15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what kind of angels they are, except that they obviously have the veil gene running strong in them. You can actually see through the male's body when the light is right. They're the largest angels I've ever owned. . .

The fry are 10 days old in these pictures. Once they start swimming, you MUST hatch brine shrimp every day or so to feed them. I keep two batches going, and use one while the other is hatching. This will have to be done for a few weeks, after that I can gradually add dried brine shrimp and flakes. It's amazing to watch closely and actually see the little fry fill their stomachs.

I've had angel pairs before, but I was never able to get them to raise their own fry like these are doing. I love it, they're great to watch. As a sidenote, I have noticed that this pair is MUCH more aggressive in general than angels I've had in the past - I have no idea how much that relates to parenting ability.
lemonblazer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pankis your angels look like german blue blushing marble. Not sure about the blushing part but I'm guessing they expressed when they were younger.

I don't know if you remembered when you posted pictures of your dark marbles awhile ago. I think they got sick. Anyway they were amazing. Do you still have any pictures of that male you had? I've been looking for one like him for a long time. I think I've finally found some I'll post some pics. if you put up yours we can compare
pankis
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.11(Fri)13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was a couple of years ago, I'm surprised you remembered the picture.

Alas, the dark marble angel you remember got in a fight with another angelfish and got some weird bacterial infection, and has now passed on. I also would LOVE to find another like him.

Here's the old picture of him. Wasn't he magnificent? He's one of the few fish I've come close to shedding tears about:
SherryNE
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.11(Fri)16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cry over that fish. He was lovely..but the pair you have now is quite lovely too. I never get tired of Angelfish.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: