Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
fire eel feeding?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skoos123
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.09(Wed)10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

the worms were the first thing I tried and he just looked at them with no interest. I think I will return him today.
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.09(Wed)11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said you tried blood worms, not black worms. They are two totally different types of food since bloodworms are actually mosquito larvae and black worms are actual worms. I definitely think it'll be a good idea to return that fish.
Col
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.11(Fri)18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am probably too late with this reply and you have already returned your fire eel. If not, I researched and purchased a fire eel five months ago, it was eating fine at the LFS but in my tank if refused to eat. This went on for a couple of weeks no matter what I did. I offered chopped cockle and muscle but nothing worked. I feared the worse and expected a loss but thankfully it started eating. I have found chopping the muscle in to thin strips works well as it makes it easier to swallow. In my experience its always best to keep trying if you know the fish/eel has been eating previously as it will always take time to adjust to the new enviroment. But always research before you buy and ensure your purchase is healthy.
Faststang1
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.08(Sun)0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two fire eels but they died because they would not eat.I got a tiretrack and he would not eat but some one told me to give him ghost shrimp or red rosy,thats what mine eats.the fires and tiretracks are pretty much the same. Very Happy
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: