Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Insurance issues
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.04(Fri)11:55    Post subject: Insurance issues Reply with quote

Well, it looks like I'm going to be $1500 short pretty soon. On February 21st my car was hit. Just driving to school and this blonde swerved in front of me in an intersection. I was just in my own little lane going straight. I'm not sure what possessed her to do that. She said someone was running a redlight and she did it to not hit them. Hello! You hit me. Okay, that's not so bad. Y'know I can get my steering fixed, and the car will be okay. Well, it's been quite awhile since it happened as you can see and her insurance company is taking their time. Just completely ignoring the fact that I need my car to drive to school. The car right now is located at some repair shop, UNDRIVABLE!!! On Tuesday I was called and gave her insurance company a statement about what had happened. She's being incredably stubborn and isn't giving them any statements about what happened.

To make matter worse, I received a call from my dad saying they were going to fix it. And that the repair ship had permission Well, they aren't yet because they actually misunderstood what the insurance people said. They are still making a decision. In other words, waiting for me to go ahead and fix it myself because I've grown tired of the BS. And another thing, where is my rental car? Their insurance company promised to get me one soon! It's been a week since they said that. But I guess it's because I'm only 19 and they don't want to.

And you can yell at me all you want about this. There is no police report. Yeah, I know I should have called the police. I got a lecture about that from just about everyone. But this is my first accident so it's all new to me. Plus, I didn't think it would be so bad. My car is undrivable, but from the pictures I'm about to show you guys, it looks like just a scrap. The steering is messed up...the tires squeal and it won't drive straight.

One good thing I know is that they aren't going to total the car. At least that worry is gone if they fix it. The car is pretty old...great condition! But yeah...a 1995 Grand Am that just hit 80,000 miles doesn't go for more that $3,500.

So, yeah, life's been sucking lately. All I want is my car fixed soon and for the insurance company to stop procrastinating! I want to know their decision. No more of this crap. I didn't cause the accident at all, but I know I'll end up fixing it myself. I was promised a rental car. I was told that they would more than likely fix my car. I was LIED TOO! She's probably lied to them about what happened, they believe her, and I get to pay for something I didn't cause. Me! A poor college student who was just driving to school to get an education! Crying or Very sad

Sorry guys just needing support and a place to vent. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Danco
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.04(Fri)13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude I hope it all works out and you get things straightin out.
I was in my brothers trans am in 1985. this chic stops in the road we stop she backs up and crushed the nose of the car. she was so sorry etc etc. bla bla bla we did not care to see the cops at the time. turns out she said we rear ended her and sued us for the repair of her crapy pinto. It skyrockred our insurance cost. the moral of the story is trust no one.

2002 las vegas airport I was parrlel parking to drop the bags of I rubed the bumper of this car. the passenger was sleazball lawyer my plane leaves in an hr. exchange ins cards etc. I still had to return this rented car. bla bla bla 20min to take off 350$ cash my wife gave them. I was very pissed off for being taken I almost snaped. but I had no time. months later insurance called me that I rear ended her and was to pay 2000$ I fliped told them everthing and hung up. havent heard from them since.

moral of this story if think a lawyer is human your wrong they are demon's after your money
Quod edero spinem
Popoculus nautus sum
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.04(Fri)14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are not Insurance woes, they are incidents of a crime.

Reversing back into a car is a very common fraud tactic. Guess what, it doesn't take long to look at the location of the damage on the back of her car to figure out who was in motion, who wasn't.

Fish addict, if the co. stalls, it is time to send a letter, not e-mail, and inform them that further delays will mean you will have to have your insurance co. cover the damage and seek re-imbursement from them. Most policies allow you to get your car fixed through your own policy if need be.

If she has filed false statements, report it as fraud to both Insurance companies. Disagreements in reports after an accident are handled one way, accusations of fraud get handled quite another.

Bythe way fish addict.. nice sig.. change it. I will ask Marcos why it got through. Cute trick Smile
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.04(Fri)14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discus Man wrote:
Bythe way fish addict.. nice sig.. change it. I will ask Marcos why it got through. Cute trick Smile

Once you understand how the filter is done it's easy to fool it. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
x3xz4vi3r
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.05(Sat)9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how it goes, I was backed into in a parking lot, while I was getting out of my car. The people who hit me left. I talked to the cops who said that because it was school property, it they couldnt do a police report. I went to the school, and it turned out that the cameras in the parking lot broke and they didn't fix them, and my insurence company wouldnt pay for it. Being a broke student also I can't afford to fix it. lucky for me though the car is still drivable.
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.11(Fri)17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here's an update...the reason why they have been taking forever is because the lady that hit me won't return their calls. They say they have been calling her everyday. So now they are pretty sure I am telling the truth...she hasn't even given a statement saying what happened! They are giving her one week and if she doesn't call or do anything I win! Razz

The estimate is $1500 at the new auto repair shop it is at. Rolling Eyes
x3xz4vi3r
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.12(Sat)7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its nice to hear that your case is going well, good luck!
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: