Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
lightly planted 10g + crowntail bettas
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfierydragon
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)13:45    Post subject: lightly planted 10g + crowntail bettas Reply with quote

******UPDATE*******
tank remodeled + NEW PICS!

tank is finally fully cycled and just added a few fish
sorry for the crappy quality Sad

the tank =]

my crowntail females, you can't really see it in the pic because of the blurriness but they are Very Happy

my unknown pleco, does anyone know what it could be? he is really small about 3 inches, heres another pic of it

and one of my male crowntail bettas and blue apple snail. The other betta is new and is still very small so he doesn't flare yet, but when he does ill take pictures Wink

REMODELED TANK[same plants, changed substrate to a 75%sand 25% gravel mix, and got a nice peice of driftwood, Current inhabitants: 2 angel fish[nickel size] 2 mickey mouse platies; 2 crowntail females bettas, and 1 clown pleco(gave away the old pleco already)]

I am temporarily housing 2 mickey mouse platies and 2 angels[will be giving them away soon]

my clown pleco and his house

anddd my other crowntail betta[found out the other one is a double CT and this one is a single CT]

and to clarify the two male bettas are not together in the same tank

Last edited by redfierydragon on 2005.03.28(Mon)21:42; edited 2 times in total
Sahara22588
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I had two female crowntail bettas that looked exactly like yours! Scary!! That pleco might be a little big (or will eventually get there) for a 10 gallon. If you want algae eaters, get some otocinclus since they stay small and do a really great job.

Byez!!! Very Happy
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I love the sponge bob pineapple house! Very Happy

Very nice fish, but like the last person said, that pleco might get too big for your tank.. maybe you shoud take it back and invest in some otos?
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice setup Cool The tank looks real clean and well maintained.

I would have to agree with the previous posts about the pleco being to big in the very near future. It looks like a common pleco to me, it will grow really fast. Getting over 12 in.

All in all a very good looking tank. Very Happy
redfierydragon
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Very Happy

hmmm, how about a clown pleco? heard they stay rather small like 4 inches and under "Banded Peckoltia" theyre only 3.9inches[10cm]

oh yea I also measured incorrectly[the pleco][actually didn't measure at all before, just approxximated Lol] hes actually 2.3inch[5.9cm]

aw I was hoping he wasnt a common pleco because at my lfs he was in a tank with clown plecos and I saw he was different from the clowns so I asked the person for him and he bagged it and I looked around comparing them to their common plecos who where huge and were a lot darker lol I thought I had a deal on something different. oh wells Rolling Eyes
redfierydragon
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea he seems to move around a lot, and I mean a lot he doesn't seem to settle in one spot for long, my friend's common plecos are huge and lazy[barely move].
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaller plecos are actve and eat algae really nicely. As they get larger they become fat, dark and lazy. They also can reach 3-4 feet long and my brother in law swears he's seen an 8 footer in Venezuala.
redfierydragon
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm so how about the clown pleco, the max size seems relatively small.
hmm also thinking about getting 3 panda corys, after I give away the monster to be that is lol
redfierydragon
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR does anyone know about spotted raphaels? I saw them today at my lfs but there isnt a profile on them here, but theres a striped raphael but they get a bit big[ 7inchs like a third of the tank][sorry about the multiple posts =[
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your tank, I think ottos would be the best choice.

Spotted raphaels are similar to striped but stay a little smaller. They don't eat algae but are said to love snails. Might pose a danger to smaller fish.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: