Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Old relic found =)
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GothicAvatar96
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.27(Sun)9:36    Post subject: Old relic found =) Reply with quote

I remember when I was a kid I used to play with my fathers old piston/belt driven aquarium air pump from the 50s. Well last night while rummaging through the bathroom closet I actually found the old pump . It hadnt worked for more than 30 years but I figured I have nothing else to do so lets see if I can get the old boneshaker working. After about an hour of cleaning out the airfilter , 1 way valves , tightening the belts and oiling the moving parts.It actually WORKS! Laughing And to my surprise its very efficient if not a tad noisy and it looks like an old steam locomotive. so I said heck with it I might as well use it in my brine shrimp hatchery . I thought that would be a fitting tribute to my dad for getting me into the hobby Very Happy
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.27(Sun)17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweat. can we have pics of this relic. it sounds realy old. I wonder what it would be worth! caurse ya don't want to sell it, its way to cool.

pics please

andrew
2 winged demons
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.28(Mon)8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't use it personally. Collectables become that because nobody kept 'x' and then when the old timers of the world get more money than brains ( I am getting close to this stage) we seem to want memorabilia from our youth and wil pay for it.

One only has to look at what's happening with old fishing tackle to see my point! Smile by the way, looking for old fishing tackle, wodeen lures, etc. Laughing
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
GothicAvatar96
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.28(Mon)14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats sound advice discus unfortunately the old electric motor siezed up Crying or Very sad . I shouldnt have messed with it so I'm gonna try to preserve it as much as I can . Since it stopped working I've been thinking of actually starting an "aquarium antiique" collection . I would love to set up a small display in my aquarium room with old outdated equipment from as far back as the 30s . And slacra I'm sorry I would LOVE to post a pic but unfortunately I don't have the extra cash for a scanner or a digi cam. Maybe when I'm finished paying for my pickup truck and ATV hehehe Rolling Eyes Anyways discus you collect old fishing stuff eh ? I collect old nautical items and decoration's like nets, plastic lobsters, oars ship wheels etc and I use them to decorate my aquarium room . do you have any pics of your current collection ? id love to see them
cool fish dude
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.02(Wed)19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this for ya if ya are gonna start a collection

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20755&item=4362137977&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=78047&item=7304391227&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: