Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New tank, 36x18x12 or 36x12x16
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanG
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.24(Thu)16:38    Post subject: New tank, 36x18x12 or 36x12x16 Reply with quote

They're both 30 gallon, which is what I have now, but it's a bowfront. I plan on changing the tank to one of the above listed sizes.
Which one would be better for saltwater? I like the idea of the shallower tank(12 inch vs 1Cool because then I won't need to go with with VHO lighting and can go with normal output lights.
Any advice?
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.24(Thu)17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on what you are going to be keeping. if you want to keep corals under normal fluoros it would be best to have a shallower tank.

andrew
2 winged demons
DanG
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.24(Thu)22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing more than a bubble tip anenome, maybe 2 of them. As is, I have one BTA, 2 maroon clowns, 1 peppermint shrimp and 3 red legged hermit crabs. I was planning on getting 1, maybe 2 more smaller fish to keep with these guys.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.25(Fri)3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that 1-2 bta and a pair of maroon clowns(if you can find or make a pair almost impossible key on almost) would already be quite a lot of stock for a 30 gallon aquarium. what sortof lighting are you going for? filtration, skimming?

andrew
2 winged demons
DanG
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.25(Fri)17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

For filtration, I currently have about 50 pounds of live rock, 50 pounds of live sand mixed with crushed choral, a Filstar XP1 which is rated for a 45g tank and a red sea prizm deluxe skimmer. All is happy in my 30G tank now, I just want a bit more room side to side for my fishies to swim.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: