Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
LFSes
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.21(Mon)1:40    Post subject: LFSes Reply with quote

OK well I go into a semi local lfs. I wasn't there to purchase anything just looking. My mom was with me and she started asking the lady at the counter some questions as she is most likely going to take over my 32g freshwater and she knows very little. She says to give the entire tank a cleanout and to put the fish that are currently in it in a container with old tank water and maybe some plants she asked whether we had a bubbler I said no and she said just put some plants in there. The problem acording to her was phosphates so she sold my mom this phosphate remover that chemicaly binds with phosphates to be removed by filtration. Also my mom said something about wanting interesting fish and she said a black ghost knife would be interesting.(she knew our tank size of 124L) I said that I believed that they needed tanks larger than that and they were noctournal. she said in a tank like yours it will still get this long(and showed measurment with hands probably only 25cm. I said nothing. then when we came home I showed my mom the gallery and the growth size and tank recomended size. then explained about how it would stop growing at that size but its internal organs would still grow and it woudl eventually suffer and die. then I explained the #1 needed to know thing about being in the hobby, don't trust the lfs.

what do you think?

I am pondering the idea of complaining to the owner about this.

andrew
2 winged demons
randomrambler
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.21(Mon)7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you really should complain to the owner about this. I know my mother would believe an employee before me because they "have been around fish longer" so if the employees aren't giving bad info, you shouldnt have that much of a problem.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.21(Mon)15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

that and she is like the manager. I get better advice from corallights(great supplliers and happy to give me advice) the ols lighting shop. I will be talking to the owner soonish. I just wonder what he'll think of it. please feel free to share your opinions. what do you think I should do?

andrew
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: