Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Pond Fish getting eaten....
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 2003.03.16(Sun)12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to build a sort of cave in the bottom of the pond, you could use slate and other large flat stones, Are you positive it is just birds attacking your pond? If so than you might want to try tall grasses around the outside of your pond as well as plants that come out of the water in your pond that can will make it harder for the birds to get to and see your fish.
wormo3188
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.16(Sun)12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to build a sort of cave in the bottom of the pond, you could use slate and other large flat stones, Are you positive it is just birds attacking your pond? If so than you might want to try tall grasses around the outside of your pond as well as plants that come out of the water in your pond that can will make it harder for the birds to get to and see your fish.

-Sorry forgot to log in earlier
bteo3
Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.16(Wed)23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sounds a little cruel but there was this huge sea bird that used to come around and eat my goldfish. One day my brother frighten him and he dropped the goldfish in his mouth (yeah! MY FISH!) My brother then sprayed some detergent, insect spray on the fish. The same sea bird came back and grabbed the dead fish and never came back. Next thing that came around was my neighbour's cats, but don't worry I covered the pond and the casualty count stopped at 30 something.
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.04.17(Thu)9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tall grass would actually help the bird.

All the bird would have to do is to land....hide in the grass, and then ambush the fish.
tyger9791

PostPosted: 2003.04.30(Wed)8:07    Post subject: Re: solution: Reply with quote

a wrote:
get a cat Wink

lol....the funny thing is I have a pond in my backyard too, birds arent a problem, stray cats are. I do have a cat of my own, she spends most her day outside, and actually protects the pond. she likes to sit by the pond and watch the fish swim around. Laughing I also have 3 dogs too. b/c the backyard is their territory, they fight with the strays or bark at them. I lost most of my mosquito fish and a small koi last week. My cat, Mac, she was sick and was inside all week. and the dogs are mostly house dogs. and they are indoors at night. I think the strays came around at night and committed the murders.... Sad and my fish have places to hide, the strays are just good fishermen.

Tyger
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: