Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
2 spot damsel fish
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.21(Mon)20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean by problem? any amounts of ammonia and nitrite is a big problem. a small amout of nitrate is OK. what do you mean by filtered water? ro filter water?

andrew
2 winged demons
chris530
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.22(Tue)16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

ro water , and yes any levels of amonia or nitraits/ates, which my tank is new so I expect some level of them, like I was sayiing it is only about 6 weeks old, back to the original question was about th epopeyed fish, and I have found out thats what it is, it dosent have anything to do with the water cycling, just a parasite,m so now I have quaritined him and going to treat the rest of the tank, to be honest I'm notreally worred about him is more of my expensive fish that I am, I have found out that theres not realy much you can do plus the medication is like 15.00 for a 4.00 fish,you can do the math on that one,plus I'm getting rid of all the damsels anyway, the little bugers are mean!!! haha
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.23(Wed)2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. you go to the store buy a pair of pants shorts or whatever. you take them home get them a little dirty and maybe a couple small rips that will grow into big rips that will eventually destroy the pants. you take them back to the shop and ask for store credit. what do you think they will say?

that is basicaly whats going to happen with your damsels. I think the best thing to do for them considering you cycled your tank with them would be to keep them and keep them happy. they have been damaged and will die at a much younger age. I cycled my tank with 3 damsels and a couple weeks into the cycle I got a large tommato clown. I made a mistake and damaged them for ever. but I kept them and fed them and made them happy. sorry but thats just my 2 cents.
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: