Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
call someone on a bad lfs???
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish sticks
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.15(Tue)21:33    Post subject: call someone on a bad lfs??? Reply with quote

There is this fish store by my house that has a bunch of deseased fish. Very bad ick, yellow smelly water, hole in the head, dead fish in the tanks, you name it. I havent been there in a while, but I went the other day scouting for tanks. Their conditions havent improved, and now that I know more about keeping fish healthy the conditions impacted me even more. My boyfriend was with me and when we first started going out he actually didn't like fish (stating they smelled, were boring, stupid. etc...) but after I showed him there was more to fish than he thought, hes addicted. Well, he got very depressed when we were in there, and encouraged me not to buy a tank from them (even though it was the cheapest) because he didn't want me to suppport them.

My idea is that the owner (hes a little old) has just gotten overwhelmed over the years. What upset me though was that there was 2 employees there doing absolutely nothing, when obviously there was plenty of work to do. What gets me even more is that these fish are being sold in this condition.

My debate is, should I call someone about this? I really don't want to get the guy in trouble or anything, but I feel he needs to be told by some authority that things need to be improved. Would they even care about a fish store? what do you guys think, I'm kinda torn up. What would you do?
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.16(Wed)0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

inform the owner that the employees are slacking off and that because of there lazyness the fish are not being properly cared for. depending on answer call athorities or wait a week then check it again. if the conditions have not improved call the athorities.

andrew
2 winged demons
marto
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.24(Thu)0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been into worse fish shops that one. One of them they had a commet tank & three of their fish where dead & not removed.

I have been to stores that don't seperate the male & female live bearers. They end up with a bunch of small fry Wink
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: