Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Some geeen bubble tip anemone questions
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanG
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.14(Mon)18:17    Post subject: Some geeen bubble tip anemone questions Reply with quote

I picked one up over the weekend, acclimatized it properly over a couple of hours then set it in the tank on the bottom in the sand. Throughout the afternoon/night it floated/wandered through the tank untill it settled fairly close to where it was when I first put it in. My male maroon clown was avoiding it for a few minutes, but as soon as the anemone settled down, he was right in there, which was very cool to see for the first time.
My problem is that sometime last night the anemone decided to move again, now it's attached itself to the underside of a large flat piece of liverock where it's getting very minimal light. Will the anemone figure out there's no light and move, or should I flip the rock over? It looks like it's fairly firmly attached to the rock, so I'd like to avoid prying it off.
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.14(Mon)20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have this specific type of anemone but I remember mine used to walk around all the time. Sometimes he scared me because I wasn't able to find him. When I couldn't find him, he was always on the back glass of the tank behind all the rocks so I always had to move the rocks around to make sure he got light. You don't want to detach him from the rock because you could damage him and that could kill him. I guess the best thing would be to just flip the rock. If at some point he comes off the rock and moves around on the gravel or sand, bury him just a bit so that he can't walk around but his tenticles could still sway in the water movement.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.14(Mon)21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I have read they only move around if there unhappy. I would leave him. its not like he can't move if he wants to be directly under the light he will move himself. just check on him now and then to make sure hes OK.

andrew
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: