Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
spider plants
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baby_6882
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.12(Sat)12:50    Post subject: spider plants Reply with quote

Hi. I wanted to know if I could take a clipping for a house spider plant and put it in my aquarium. I know they grow in water but I couldnt find anything on usseing them for aquariums. Please let me know if anyone knows anything.

Thanks
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.12(Sat)13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could put it in for decoration but it will die if left permanently in the water. Since spider plants produce insane numbers of babies you could simply remove the plant when it starts to shown signs of being under water too long and replace it with another. True aquatic plants would be much better though.
anonapersona
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.12(Sat)21:15    Post subject: Not aquatic Reply with quote

These are not aquatic plants, so like several other plants that are terrerium plants that are sold at pet stores, they will die before too long. As they decay, they will add pollution to the tank. So if you chose to do this, be very careful about your water quality.
Susan Wright
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.08(Fri)10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the spider plants are highly toxic to pets so I would imagine they would be to fish
Luis
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)6:17    Post subject: Re: spider plants Reply with quote

baby_6882 wrote:
Hi. I wanted to know if I could take a clipping for a house spider plant and put it in my aquarium. I know they grow in water but I couldnt find anything on usseing them for aquariums. Please let me know if anyone knows anything.

Thanks

I tried this yrs ago and it lasted a month or two but didn't grow much at all and like others here say it dies in the end. To bad though because it is a fast growing great looking house,garden plant.
I wish aquatic plants would grow like spider plants. Lol mine don't.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: