Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
R.I.P.....Red Tail Black Shark
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay NYC
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.11(Fri)8:33    Post subject: R.I.P.....Red Tail Black Shark Reply with quote

I found my RTBS dead when I turned on the lights yesterday. He was part of my original stock when I started the tank around 3 years ago. Well, all of my stock is original except for 2 blue rams that were added about 2 years ago. No signs of illness....nothing....came as a total suprise. Maybe it was just his time. I haven't lost any fish in over a year.

I wish I had better pics of him...These are from 2003, when I first planted the tank. I have a much better camera now but I kept putting off taking shots of the tank. Now it's too late. I'm gonna be snappin' away for the next for few days.

Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.11(Fri)8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain. Back in 2000 I killed my 4 year old RTBS, along with virtually all other similarly aged fish in his tank, with the simple addition of a commercial phosphate remover that was supposed to be safe for freshwater, as mentioned on the box itself. This pic is from June'98 when he was almost 2 years old and full grown:

Although your fish could certainly have lived a lot longer than that, you can be sure of one thing: at 3 years of age he certainly outlived just about all other siblings that came with him from where he was born in a South Asian fish farm to be sold in western markets, so you did a good job at keeping him...
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: