Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
repuatable web site?
 Forum Index > Ads and Links  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrillhouse
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.10(Thu)1:20    Post subject: repuatable web site? Reply with quote

hi, I have a 55 gallon, 48-inch long aquarium that I want to convert into a heavily planted tank. I currently only have a standard hood with 2x15 Watts of lighting. I was thinking that I would make a switch to a power compacts to get something like 2x65 Watts at the least. I'm not sure what I will end up purchasing and am only shopping around right now. I stumbled across a website called aquatraders.com that has a variety of power compact lighting for really really cheap. they beat my lfs by like 50%. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this site, as it seems like it could be a rip-off or something. thanks for any responses, and I apologize if this question is not in the right forum, I just couldn't find another one better suited for my question.
rclover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.10(Thu)1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend got a light from there for his 20g is was good, great price.
thrillhouse
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.10(Thu)18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you! I guess I'll give them a shot.
seadoubleyou
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.10(Thu)21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a similar question on this before (The post was "does this sound like a good deal") and aquatraders was hghly recommended by Mc-P. Let me know what you find as I am planning the same thing as you. Also if you print out the ad from the website, the LFS might match their price. That's how I got my filter for cheap at petsmart. But my LFS won't match an internet price, only a place that is an actual storefront. CW
thrillhouse
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.21(Mon)23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, so I think I got ripped off, because I placed my order over 10 days ago, have heard no communication from them, and I'm definately starting to suspect that there's very little chance that I'm actually going to recieve anything from them. also, their site is currently down for "maintenance," so there is not much I can even do to check on the status of my order. I'd have to say that I just wasted my money, and that anyone considering ordering from this site (assuming that it ever comes back online) should be a little more cautious than I was.
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.02.22(Tue)12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get a receipt or a number you can call???
 Forum Index > Ads and Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: