Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
There is hope..lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
@-McP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunar Flame congrats! the rams will make an excellent addition to your beautiful tank Smile Smile Smile Personally having an excellent LFS I know how good it feels to have people who know something to go to for purchases!

and just for the record when you are saying something it is best to have personal experience or background info (links) to back it up....otherwise you're just running your mouth looking like a mean person.... check out the forum guidelines for some rules on posting. Wink
greta b
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.09(Wed)18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a very nice mom and pop shop as well-- today I went by to pick up my new lights ( yay!) and he had just gotten in some lovely gouramis-- golds, pearls, 3 spot, blue and dwarf flame. We had a nice chat about compatability, temperments, sexing, etc.

He told me they were not ready to go yet, but I could come back on the weekend. He also gave me the plants I had picked out for free since I bought the new light and cover Very Happy

He had some gorgeous gold rams Wink which I would LOVE to keep some day.
Mr. Coffee
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.12(Sat)8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunar, exactly where are you in Nova Scotia? I am in Moncton NB, and I go to Amherst and Halifax quite often but never see very good lfs's.
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.12(Sat)9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently living in the Valley, Kentville/New Minus area to be exact.

I haven't been to any places in Halifax yet, as I am pretty new to the hooby. I have heard of one place there, that us supossed to be really good. Its a fish-specialty store.. I can't remeber what it is called though.
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.16(Wed)22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post this in another thread about how bad lfs were, but then I noticed it was locked. Confused

Turns out, this thread is just as appropriate, because I feel a lot better about a lfs now.

When I first set up my 55g, I tried some different fish and only the little silvertip tetras I started with survived. I lost 3 bala's to ich and a bichir to my filter (He jumped into it and died. WHAT he was thinking, I'd like to know). After that, I decided screw it, I'll get the fish I originally wanted and gave my little cory cat to my friend for his community tank and I went to get 3 red bellied piranhas. When I bought my previous fish, I was asked no questions of any kind. They just bagged 'em and handed them over. When I asked for the 3 piranhas, the guy who was getting them (I hadn't seen him there before) grilled me for five minutes about WHY I wanted them and what kind of setup I had. I was only too happy to answer his questions. I feel especially good about that store after some recent posts on the piranha forum I belong to. Too many piranha owners get their fish for aggressive entertainment, a sort alternative to TV, than for the beauty and respect of these fish. It's nice to see a fish store take responsibility for the health of their fish even after they leave the store. Cool

55g:
3 x Silvertip Tetra 1" (?)
2 x Red Bellied Piranha 4"
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: