Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Photographing Fish Tips
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cory
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.04(Fri)12:14    Post subject: Photographing Fish Tips Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where to post this as it has no photos but I thought this forum would be the best place. I see some great photos taken on here, however mine aren't very good when taken with either the digitial camera or SLR and it's only partly to do with the scratches on the glass Confused

Anyway I was wondering for tips on taking photos of fish, how to set up the room lighting, tank lighting, flashes or not, positions of lights and camera etc.
TheVillageIdiot
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.04(Fri)13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.05(Sat)0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I use my dads digi camera I make the room the tank is as dark as possible(preferably after sun sets) and turn the flash off but tank lights on. if your taking a full tank shot use normal mode but for closs ups where you want clarity and good shots I turn the digi to macro mode. the main key is patients. I can sit with the camera infront of my tank for half an hour and get a only a couple decent shots!

andrew
2 winged demons
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.06(Sun)9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I as well try to take pictures with the room completly dark, and the fish tank lights on. The flourescent lights in my tank make a huge difference. Sometimes I experiment with flash, other times I use no flash. If I do use flash,I angle the camera to reduce glare.

I also use the settings on the camera that are best for the situation. I have A kodak digital camera, and there is a "close up" pictures option.. thats usually what I use. I often have to take a lot of pictures before I get a couple that turned out well.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: