Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Fish related injuries
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cory
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)17:32    Post subject: Fish related injuries Reply with quote

At work today I cut myself on a fish. Sea bass spines are dangerous!

Once when I was younger I was teasing the koi in a pond, making them think my finger was food and a big one I didn't see came along and bit it!

Guess I got what I deserved...
GothicAvatar96
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I let my koi bite me all the time but it doesent hurt then again there only about 10 inches long. How bad did it hurt and did it bleed I doubt it but who knows ?
Cory
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.01(Tue)10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Koi didn't hurt too much, the seabass spines really hurt and there was blood everywhere.
Syno
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.03(Thu)16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used to work in a fish shop I caught my finger on Leopard Corydoras' fin, and cut my finger, and all though it was a small cut it did sting a little bit. Anyway one day I had to catch some ill Texas Cichlids, and one bit me, that hurt a bit more.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.03(Thu)20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

try annoying a brooding mummy damsels fish. lol fun at seaworld. when I was there the damsels in there outdoor tidal pool setup were at egg laying stage. I got bitten by a yellow damels then this black damels. the yellow one had laid its eggs in a shell man was that one vicous fish! also a warning to all green spot puffers when doing tank maintenance make sure you don't acidentaly make them feel like they need to bite. that was a shock to me!

andrew
2 winged demons
none
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.12(Sat)12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time while diving, I was teasing this Bullshark with a bloody chunk of makeral and he decided to snap at me, not good, fiesty little booger, took off an arm. Shocked
This story is based on fiction, in no way shape or form do I recommend hand feeding any type of shark, so please don't try this in the Ocean; hince the word Bull-shark. Laughing
uLtRa
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.13(Sun)15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a fish but its aquatic- http://www.seafoodireland.com/images/velvets2.JPG
I got bitten by a velvet crab during a small girls birthday party thing at work. We have to get out the rockpool animals like starfish, hermets etc. I had to cut short the poor girls party because I had blood streaming out everywhere. I got a electric shock from the water in the lionfish tank when I first started there(residual charge or something) and started hyperventilating because I thought the lionfish had stung me Laughing
White Lightning
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.13(Sun)18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

At an lfs this guy had his hand in the lionfish tank while none were in there, and he still got an electric shock. The charge must last... Confused
uLtRa
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.18(Fri)13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I described it wrong my mistake. The charge comes when there is a lot of electrical equipment in the water eg heaters powerheads filters uv filters etc and the water is not touched or earthed for a while, it can then build up to a shock you can feel. Lionfish I belive have some sort of toxic sting from their finage.
Sahara22588
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.02.19(Sat)9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the top spines on a lionfish are poisonous. Definately don't want to touch them.

I had a hermit crab attach onto my hand once and no matter what we did to it, it would not come off. I finally just had one of my coworkers rip it off my hand. Wow, that was an experience I don't want to repeat.

Then, I had to get a synodontis (sp?) cat out for this guy and it got itself stuck in the net, so I had to try and get him out, and he poked me with one of his spines so bad I was bleeding for about an hour.

Finally, I was cleaning the feeder tank in our back room one day and I touched the water and was shocked so bad my arm was tingling for a while. That was fun though. I had my coworkers Cliff and Brandy touch the water and they freaked out. There wasn't eletrical overload in the tank though, it was b/c my boss decided to put a heater in the tank that was smashed at the bottom so it was full of water and was basically just putting electricity through the whole tank.

Yeah, work's a blast...

Byez! Very Happy
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: