Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
When it rains, it pours.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)9:03    Post subject: When it rains, it pours. Reply with quote

So last week my wife was in the hospital last week. She's OK, but things are/were sad. Then my son with a continuing ear infection got a cold/flu. This in turned left me sleeping in a lounge chair for 3 days holding him so he's get some sleep. This in turn made me sick. So I'm ill and starting a fun work week.

*sigh*

Care to know the icing on the cake?

Yesterday after a nice dinner with my parents I found all of my fish dead. I used a cheap heater because it was lower wattage than than my Ebo-Jager and a better fit for my 30 gallon. The seal rotted and moisture began to fill the heater. So it stuck on and over heated the tank. It was around 95-100*F. The gourami and dojo's were about 4-5 years old. My oto's that survived 3 tanks and move across town also gone. I have yet to see what the plant impact is... *gah*

Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear! I am so sorry about your loss and all you have encountered this week! That seems to be how it always works though, it can't just be one thing that goes wrong, it has to be a whole bunch at once!

I hope you manage to get better, and your family and fish situation improves.
*hugs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steve Hampton
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, what a horrible streak you have going. Let's hope things immediately improve for the better. Hopefully your plants will come through okay but your fish...I know how sad you must feel. Crying or Very sad
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I'm so sorry for your rough week, Irons. You mentioned that things still are sad for you and your wife, but I hope the whole family returns to good health and even better spirits real soon...

2la
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the well wishes. Things will get better soon. My wife is already feeling better so that's a big plus. Maybe the tank nuking could be turned into a good thing. I might be able to convince my wife to turn it into a salty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irons, hopefully this streak is over....and a salty tank is great for a little baby to watch! Smile Thinking fake anemones and corals, perhaps some brightly colored gobies, like firefish, or the ever popular clownfish....maybe seahorses instead? Very Happy I tell you, the reef tank we have at work is better than TV!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GothicAvatar96
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.31(Mon)22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW do I feel your pain I recentley had my cheap heater cook my entire 20 gallon reef . Lost about $2000 in fish and inverts talk about a major setback. anyways sorry to hear all the trouble just remember it will get better,
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: