Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I need help fast (banded shark egg)
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luis bolivar
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.19(Wed)18:28    Post subject: I need help fast (banded shark egg) Reply with quote

I have a banded shark egg and I also halve a progect of fesh breeding for tomorow. The shark has tried for the last 3 days to get out of the egg but he couldnt. I was wondering is there a way to make the egg hatch quicker?
FloridaBoy
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.01.20(Thu)5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not sure what your first comment means.
Not sure if you should try to rush the egg process, suggest more research before taking those steps.
Be advised; for most aquarists, these are difficult to maintain for long periods, the animal usually suffers. May I ask what size tank you have, these require at least 125 gal system for the initial growth period; a 180 gal is minimum for the 36 inch adult size. Feeding newborns can also pose a challenge; be prepared.
More info for you below, scroll down for lots of FAQ's:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/sharkfaq.htm

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/sharkfeedingfaqs.htm
MarkLehr
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.25(Tue)21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

As your egg begins to weaken, the color of the sac at the opening will begin to lighten. It will go from a dark brown color, almost to an orage/tan color. At this point the egg will be thin enough that the shark should be free soon. I would not suggest helping nature!

The good news is this. If you had to pick a shark, you have picked the best one. They are still very rapid growers and require a species tank, but success has been proven possible.

Good luck!
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: