Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Yellow Tang
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.17(Mon)16:46    Post subject: Yellow Tang Reply with quote

When I got home from school today, I went right to the tank to feed the fish. When I got there, I noticed that parts of my Yellow Tang's bottom fin was missing. It doesn't look like anybody nipped at it. The water parameters are salinity level 1.022, p.H. 8.3, and ammonia, nitrate and nitrite are all zero. I just did a water change two days ago. I don't know what this could be. From what I see, none of my fish pick on him in any way.

I took a picture of him with these wounds but I have no idea how to attach them. I'm sure you'll need a picture to see what I'm talking about so can someone please email me telling me how to put on the picture?

Thank you

By the way, he is still breathing, eating, and swimming normally.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.17(Mon)18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

to attach an image upload the image onto a site. www.imagestation.com is good and free. after you upload go to the albaum its in and click on it then right click on it and click on properties. it will give you a web address. copy that webaddress then come back here and hit teh image button once [img] right click and past the web adress then click on immage agian [/img] . then your image if done properly should be able to be viewed by all. also what size tank is the tang in? what other fish live in teh aquarium with him? what are the nitrate levels?

andrew
2 winged demons
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.17(Mon)20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andrew. I hope I did this right. It's not a great picture of him but you could see very well what I'm talking about.

Anyways, he's in a 75 gallon. Nitrate, Nitrite, and ammonia levels are all zero. He's in the tank with a Flame Angel, two Percula Clownfish, a Firefish, an Azure Damsel, and a Cleaner Shrimp. Coral wise, I just have a rock with some mushrooms.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.17(Mon)20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

there damaged but not badly. you might want to move him to a hospital tank to make sure it dosen't get infected. otherwise I wouldnt be to concerned. fin damage is a common thing and fish heal up quite quickly regarding to fins. keep us posted

andrew
2 winged demons
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.17(Mon)21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andrew. I'll take him out tomorrow.
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.18(Tue)20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day One

I couldn't get him out of the tank. He kept on swimming into the rocks and I have 80 pounds of rocks in there so after an hour of trying to catch him and moving some rocks around, I gave up. He looked much better today, a lot of his fin grew back already. If I see that he starts to get infected, I'll take him out right away, I'll actually start taking the rocks out so that he has nowhere to hide. He's still eating, swimming, and breathing properly.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.18(Tue)20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

just watch him. if you knowtice anything like an infectin around the wound then you really must get him to a hospital tank. if hes fine now jsut leave him alone. give him lots to eat try to keep him stress free.

andrew
2 winged demons
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.19(Wed)21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 2

I'm very surprised about how quickly his fin's growing back. I would say maybe another day or two and his fin will be completely back to normal.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.20(Thu)2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you take pics of his recovery. this injurey could be documented for a possible desiese and distaster marine sticky or somthing like that possibly.

andrew
2 winged demons
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.20(Thu)19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 3

Sorry Andrew, I can't take a picture of him right now. The lights in the tank are already off and I don't want to start playing with the timer. Anyways, his fin's back to normal. All the missing fin is back. When I get home from school tomorrow, I'll take a picture just to show everyone how quickly it regenerated.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: