Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
my zoos have almost payed for themselves!
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.16(Sun)23:39    Post subject: my zoos have almost payed for themselves! Reply with quote

I love australia. we have a webisite for the marine aquarium societies of australia. and theres trading and stuff. anyway I got some zoos from teh lfs a couple months back and there were two rocks with the same zoos. I chose the one with some macro algae on it. man am I happy. because of my ability to grow this macro algae I have gotten a small amount of purplish zoos and a red mushroom coral for some algae. next harvest I want to get a different colour mushroom if I can. just thought I'd share my trading experience! forget lfses trading within aquarist groups is better!

andrew
2 winged demons
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.17(Mon)8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats on the find. Good luck with the trading. It's always a fun way to go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.17(Mon)18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep. I have only payed for 2 of my corals in my tank. the colony of zoos and the leather coral. the good thing about the macro algae is that it still has the good old calerpa mass growth but its really easy to harvest and you could probably remove all of it from your tank if you had some tweezers. very easy to control. I am trying to get it to grow up the left side of my tank because I let the algae grow on that side of the tank for my snail. also on the rock of zoos there also was a small area of encrusting sps coral. sadly it died. I should have fraged it off and glued it to somthing up high near the light. oh well it as already bleeched anyway... still I love TRADING! and thats how I am geting my 67g tank(I am so happy I am going to go big!) and hopefully live rock and substrate. I was thinking pred tank but my dad prefers community so I don't care. seems like a good setup for a mandarin anyway Twisted Evil .
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: