Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
77 gallon planted update
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master_Yoda
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.06(Sun)23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much Slackra, it's great to know that all the work I've put into this tank doesn't go unnoticed =) Laughing
Master_Yoda
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.15(Fri)16:28    Post subject: Paying respects and carrying out revenge! Reply with quote

Well it is with a sad heart that I announce the murder of 3 fish in the past week and a half. One of my perfectly healthy Bala Sharks, Dennisoni Barb, and rainbow fish were mulled to death by my terrorizing Green Terror! I know I know, you're saying in your head I told you so. I just found it so darn difficult to let the Terror go, I love her colours and her agile swimming ability. But I had to do it for the good of the whole Embarassed I've replaced the murdered fish with another Bala Shark of about the same size, I purchased a couple of Giant Danios (They're so playful I'm thinking of getting 3 more) and I forgot the name of the other fish I purchased. I've taken a couple of new pictures of my tank which I will post following this little update I'm writing.

If you've been following the progression of my tank my red special that I've transplanted is just flourishing and will soon be as large as it's mother that I have removed about 3 months ago due to overgrowth.

Unfortunately, the growth of the pesky red algae has just stunted the growth of the smaller sword plantes in the front of the tank. My tank for some reason got out of equilibrium and over 3 days the red algae had taken hold of a handful of leaves which I promptly pruned off. I seem to have got the situation back under control now. Damn that Red Algae!!!

Here's a full tank photo:

It's not the best picture, but it's the best my point and shoot digicam can can do. Can someone pls identify that fish in the centre of the photo?

Syno
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.15(Fri)17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could possibly be a pencil fish.
Master_Yoda
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I searched "Pencilfish" on google, and couldn't find a picture of one that looked like the one I have =( If anyone knows what this is pls send me a link to a picture of one.
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.16(Sat)9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Yoda wrote:
Well I searched "Pencilfish" on google, and couldn't find a picture of one that looked like the one I have =( If anyone knows what this is pls send me a link to a picture of one.

It's Anostomus anostomus (not a pencilfish).
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the one I was thinking of, but I couldn't remember the name. Those fish were very popular when I worked in a fish shop, and I still couln't remember what they were called! Laughing
fishfan23
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.17(Sun)17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your tank looks great! I would reccomend that you get rid of your bala sharks all together. These fish need a large tank. If you keep getting new ones after you give them away you will run out of places to send them. Also, the red lined barb is schooling fish so if you replace it make sure you get atleast 6! A school would have lasted much better against a green terror attack than an individual.

Hope I helped!
Master_Yoda
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.19(Tue)19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies everyone, now I know a little more about my mystery fish but still can't remember how to spell it. lol. Yeah when I got the denison barbs I had bought two of them, as I could only afford 2 they costed $30 canadian each at my lfs, and I haven't been able to find any other lfs' carrying them. One out of the pair had gotten his nose surgically removed and recovered in a hospital tank for 4 months, then I decided to re-introduce it into the main tank and he just got murdered with in the first 30mins. By the time I caught him in the net to bring him back to the hospital tank he just couldn't sustain himself from the damage =( Then just resently the second one just disappeared and I was unable to even find a corpse.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: